ZXT or Heli-M?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by NickB, Dec 27, 2012.

1. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    again though this shouldn't even cause an issue...any and all bows nowadays are plenty fast to kill anything anyone hunting North America.

2. bauer6

bauer6 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Agree X2

3. los11

los11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I know u love your ZXT its a real nice bow but its not faster the Chrono doesnt lie... And again IBO speed means nothing or speed well place shot is all..

4. DoubleTapxx

DoubleTapxx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Pound per pound on draw weight it is faster. If the Creed was maxed out on the limbs it was likely around 74 pounds or so. ZXT won't go over 70.5. Both at 70 pounds even the ZXT is 1 or 2 fps faster. This is Chrono proven.

5. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    again though speed means nothing anymore. :D

6. DoubleTapxx

DoubleTapxx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    All are close enough anyhow so yeah your right. If I wanted all out speed I would have an MR5 or XLR8. Speed don't mean accuracy and forgiveness. Carry on.

7. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Bow speed may not mean anything to you, but obviously to some people its a factor with relevance being their own to determine. Pretty tedious to have someone interjecting their option every other post and pointing out that someone idea or contribution to the discussion is meaning less. Doing it once in response to a post in with reliant information is enough, to keep interjecting is rude.

To the OP. I shot the whole Matthews line up this year a couple times and I really think the Zxt is the best of the bunch, their Z7 was huge hit and the ZXT is VERY similar...I can really see guys that like the z7 ilk liking the ZXT. I felt it held better then the Helium and drew better the Chill, seemed very dead in the hand and had little feedback after the shot. I am not a fan of any of the current Mattews bows for my own reasons, but objectively speaking I like the ZXT the best. The diffidence in price (that amt) has little relevance to me...you should pick the bow you like better if you plan on hold on to it for an length of time. But with that aside, saving a little can be put towards something else....and is an upside.

In any event if you like the style form and function of current Matthews both are good choices....hope this helped. good luck.

8. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Using speed is relative to those choosing but saying it is a reason why a bow is better is just plain naive. Never ever would I state someone's wrong for having an opinion...however speed simply doesn't cause one bow "x" to be better than bow "y". Basic point is I never want anyone to decide upon a bow based on speed. Factors like grip comfort, brace height, draw smoothness, back wall of the bow, design and such are what each shooter should take into consideration...besides it's a personal choice in the end anyways. Sorry if I offended anyone, seriously.

9. Bowtech00

Bowtech00 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bought the helim shot it and hated it so much vibe and a hard kick to the left, I was at buddy's shooting his z7x and fell in love with it so sold it. And bought new ZXT PERFECT

10. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not a Mathews guy...but from the ones I have shot. Ilike the Helim. I like the Creed cause it don't have that upper limb stop.

11. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Some great comparisons fella's. I'm in the market for a new one and have been wondering about the ZXT and Helim as well. A few feet per second isn't enough to convince me one way or another, it's all about the feel from the grip to the draw cycle to the anchor and release.

12. xtreme16

xtreme16 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I love my z7 xtreme! but the only thing that matters is which one shoots best for YOU.