zero torque bow handle

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by michael_pearce, May 27, 2011.

1. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am completely impressed with this handle you have to go to this web site and see the video.
    I do not know how much it is but I can tell you that I am getting one for my bow.
    vanhandle.com

2. Greg / MO

Greg / MO Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The owner of that company cruises various forums looking for posts like this, and will probably blast me for saying this... but I simply think it's much easier to learn how to shoot a bow with a proper grip; it's NOT that hard: Keep the meaty part of your hand off the grip, let your knuckles fall away from the riser at a 45-degree angle with your top index finger lightly resting against the back of the riser, and remove all tension from your hand/fingers -- allowing what we refer to as your fingers to become "dead spider legs". If I walked up and "flicked" them, they should easily move and bounce back into place ...

Here's what it looks like (not that YOU may need to see it, but plenty of others do...). This is me sitting atop a 1,000-foot dropoff in Colorado chasing elk a couple years ago. I was really just trying to get a picture of the scenery, but it does show a proper grip:

[​IMG]

Learn to grip a bow properly, and you won't need any band-aid solutions.

3. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Greg I completely agree. However I am having a spinal fusion in 4 days and my hands are shakey. So I am hoping that this grip will help me with that. I used to have a
    1" group at 80 yards. Now I'm lucky to keep a 1" group at 20 and I refuse to switch to a cross bow.

4. Greg / MO

Greg / MO Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good for you Michael (on refusing to switch to the crossbow if you can help it)...

Good luck on your surgery, and kudos for looking for alternative methods that can keep you shooting vertical bows! The Van Handle just might be the ticket for you then!

5. Born2Hunt

Born2Hunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  6. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    1" groups at 80 yards? I hope the fusion allows you to get back to that level of shooting.