Zeon Fusion vanes

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Rabbit 57, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Rabbit 57

Rabbit 57 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey! Anyone using Zeon Fusion vanes? I'm on my second season with them. I replaced my NAP Quick Spins arrow wraps with them. Accuracy out to 50 yards the same. And...And...you can in dim light see the fibber optic threads in the vane leave a colored tracer towards the target.

2. mobow

mobow Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I don't use them because, well...... I just can't get away from my feathers. But I agree. They are extremely visible. And for folks shooting the whisker biscuit they're great because of their rigidity.

3. rb4123

rb4123 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm really considering having my duravanes ripped off and replaced with the zeon fusions. Are they a harder plasticised rubber/urethane or a softer rubber/urethane? Also do they hold up better than duravanes over time?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  4. Rabbit 57

Dislikes Received:
    Yes. They are more ridged for sure.

I put a rather strong helical on them and you do have to leave them on the fletcher longer to really insure that it does not become undone at the end or tip. What makes them really ridged is the fiber optic threads infused in them.

And I did mention previously that they replaced my NAP Quick Spins but didn't add than they were the Speed Hunter that have a little kicker fin, which is supposed to increase the rotation in flight, So comparing the two exactly together at the same time at 20-50 yards, the Zeon's is a twin to the Speed Hunter as far as down range accuracy.

Out of the Neon yellow, Neon Green, Neon Red and Neon Orange the orange and green have brightest glow. And though I've never used a Whisker Biscuit, I would imaging as stated above that they would be tougher to wreck as other vanes that I've seen with those that use the Whisker. Which is one of the two reason why I don't understand why Whiskers would be used.

5. Scljrl

Scljrl Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Tried them and went back to 2" Blazers. Not bad, just not what I wanted. They were an improvement over the Duravanes IMO.

6. blackeye

blackeye Newb

Dislikes Received:
    How much helical on 2" Zeon I use 340 micro shaft any tips for gluing?

7. Rabbit 57

Dislikes Received:
    I don't remember the degree offset. It was about 3/4's of the width.

I promise you that if you use Easton Quick Bond it will work in any combination of wraps and shaft materials. Keep it in the fridge. As I am on Mathews forum too and this topic came up about troubles having with glues. After my post on Easton's, reply's were confirmed with those who use this adhesive too. Keep it stored in the fridge and let it get to room temperature when you want to use it again.