Z7 extreme timing

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Ccatt93, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Ccatt93

Ccatt93 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys,

I just got new strings on my z7 extreme and I was looking at the timing hole on the cam and the string doesn't appear to be centered. Does it have to be completely centered?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

2. Bow String Depot

Bow String Depot Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It should be in the center or even close but if its way to one side or the other. I would adjust it.

3. Ccatt93

Ccatt93 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    It's pretty close just not center.. How do you adjust that twists in the string? I'm wondering if he put it where it is so once the string settles it will be centered

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

4. Bow String Depot

Bow String Depot Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Depends on which side its on. Can be the string or cable

5. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    New string will settle in some. Look to see which way the cam would turn if the string is longer. Does it go toward the center of the timing hole? If so, it may turn out dead center.

A little off center is not a big deal. I would fix it (cause I am anal) but would wait until you have shot 50-200 arrows before I adjust anything. I may even shoot 5-600 arrows before I did anything if it was slightly off. By then maybe something else may need tweaking.

6. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    As others had said it does not have to be dead center. I had a few Monsters that liked to be set slightly ahead. Once I got them tuned I would mark the cams with a sharpie so I could see issues due to stretch. At first this bugged me but the data in tuning lead me to believe that was optimal.

If the arrow flies true and your bow is in spec I would not worry too much especially since its a solo cam.

7. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The timing on mine is way off but it still drives tacks. It's been that way since I bought it used 3 seasons ago. But I'm getting it re-strung this week so will have it retuned/timed. Let you know if it returns to being "off" or settles in "correct".