Your best stand

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by BJE80, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Josh/OH

Josh/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Love this! Always approach the season with optimism!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I dont have one anymore. Last fall they did a selective cut and unfortunately it changed everything on me so I'm basically starting over. I have some general ideas but for the most part the cutting is done. All the cutting was from the road in about 40-80 acres so I have a feeling to get to some of the better areas i'm going to have some long walks to the stands I want to sit.

.... man i hate walking in the dark

3. daniel72

daniel72 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This is my best stand it had wheat to the east of it last year and beans this year. It's got corn on the other 3 sides there's a small natural watering hole about 20 yards to the west of the stand there's a bedding area 60 yards south of the stand and there's a trail half way between the stand and the field to the east that they travel to get to the food and water source its prime hunting ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1469137381.044590.jpg

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's kinda funny, but I don't really have one stand that stands out over the others for killing deer. I've killed deer out of most of the stands I've set on my property, or could have had a choose to release an arrow. I have a new one that I hung last year that might change that as I had multiple encounters with quality bucks out of it last year. Most of my stands are on edges between timber and food sources. This new stand location seems to be right in the middle of a travel route that takes them down to a bedding area near my creek. It was pretty dynamite in the morning. It also sits up on the hill near the edge of the property and affords me quite the view of deer traveling to and from neighboring timber stands.

5. Skunkworkx

Skunkworkx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's funny, messed up, but funny....lol

[​IMG]

6. Skunkworkx

Skunkworkx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My best stand is used a lot and the whole season is usually good... It's at the top of a funnel with trails from all directions leading to this point.
    I had my Daughter in a tree next to me, and it's now her spot... I hope she connects this year

This was her 1st deer up close in the woods...
    2 8's came in... 1st one was right under us and wouldn't give a shot.
    1st buck no shot 2nd one a miss - YouTube

2nd one chased off the 1st....swing and a miss, but so proud she took the shot. I stopped him thinking she had a better angle, but he was behind the tree :(
    Bre misses 1st 8 pointer - YouTube

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  7. treyman654

treyman654 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Untitled.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  8. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It's remote. I've never seen anyone hunt by it on the public land. Does congregate in the thick bedding. Bucks come in hard over about a 3 day period.

Found another area like this during the offseason. Hope it gives me similar results.

9. graybeard

graybeard Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Heard my neighbor haying the pasture on the bench above my AO, which means I'll be sharing my ambush site with 23 bovines this fall. I've heard of giants camouflaging themselves by bedding down with cattle; maybe that'll happen in my situation.
    Either way, that little token heard historically moves all over the mountain within the constraints of barb wire, so...I'm not gonna have a nervous breakdown over it, but-I'd prefer he left his cows on the other (dead) side of the road.
    His property-his choice...

10. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk