You guys bored??? Take a look (vid)

Discussion in 'Traditional Archery' started by ZachCL, Apr 5, 2009.

1. ZachCL

ZachCL Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Here is a little vid I made. I dont know how much you can tell but if you guys have any pointers for my form, feel free to address them. Thanks in advance.
    [​IMG]

2. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Neat video Zach!! I have no Idea what I even look like when I shoot so don't take this at all the wrong way or bad but It almost seems that your leaning forward an awful lot. Hell, maybe that's alright to but It seems a tad more then usual. Your draw and release looks awesome!!!!!!!!!:cool: I like how you hold it there for a good bit and release, something that I've been working on more myself.

3. ZachCL

ZachCL Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You know I didnt know what I looked like either, hence the video but I do seen to lean forward a heckuva lot. I knew I was kinda leaning into it a little but dang it was a bunch. I dont know if it helps me in any way but I am definately working on straighteing up. I agree w/ you there on the elbow Jeff. I think that just like w/ a compound a guys arm should probably be in line w/ his arrows another thing I will need to work on. Thanks so far guys.

4. VA Bowbender

VA Bowbender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Zach,
    1) The leaning is ok if you shoot like that in hunting situations. It looks like the G. Fred Asbell style that I conform to also.

2) It does look like you are shooting elbow high. You need to keep your elbow in a straight line with the arrow.

3) Pause longer between shots. Let your muscles recover and you'll gain more consistent shot placement.

5. ZachCL

ZachCL Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ok I went out today and made a couple more clips. I had to shoot in my barn at 15 yrds to get enough light for the little epic camera I got. Take a look. I tried to keep my elbow down and straighten up a bit. I shot a little standing like I would w/ my compound you know perfectly straight back and all/ didnt like that but I think I found a middleground.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. ZachCL

ZachCL Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Strung- 48" AMO is 52"
    Its short yes, but you know I dont feel any fingerpinch with it and I really really like the way it shoots. I give it more attention right now than my Grizzly because if I get the wild hair to take it out sometime during turkey season, it is more forgiving in a blind then my longer Grizzly.

7. VA Bowbender

VA Bowbender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You look good Zach. How did you feel about it? Were your groups good?