Yeti commits suicide

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by dnoodles, Apr 23, 2018.

1. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  2. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well, that didn't go as I expected....I guess either I've lost my touch to troll or my reputation has outgrown my presence. :lol:

3. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    HAHAHHA!

I bet there are a ton of folks that supported the bakery that would not make a wedding cake for a gay couple or Starbucks for having 2 guys arrested because they did not order anything. All under the guise that it is their company and they can do as they see fit.

But somehow Yeti is under fire for doing just that. Boggles my mind....

trolling.jpg

4. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Preach it brother. A+ post of the day.

People simply follow the right/left agenda when these things come up without putting any thought into what is happening. Someone see's "NRA" and they are automatically for whatever is being said/done by the organization.

5. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Saw a pic of some d-bag who destroyed his Yeti cooler and it had a sweet Bowhunt or Die sticker on it. What a waste.

[​IMG]

6. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

There is a difference between how the bakery was treated and this, people are boycotting Yeti because they think that they have become anti NRA, anti 2A etc. Whether they are right or wrong about that, no one is trying to get the state to take their business down, what was done to that bakery is a totally different ball of wax.

Swamp Stalker likes this.
  7. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not really, but this is the world we live in.

There is Liberal Right and Alt-Conservative Right, what these two don't realize is they are both wrong.

virginiashadow likes this.
  8. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I cant stand it when people start their sentences...

"Im a conservative but"....BUT I don't give a crap.

"Im a liberal but"....BUT I don't give a crap.

People not wanting to be labelled by society but immediately label themselves.

9. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What I find funny is the guys who have sponsorship ties to other companies automatically jumping in and over bashing Yeti but it is just as funny watching the ones sponsored by Yeti kissing their ass. You have to love when Under Armour "should have" got rid of those clowns, Wildgame Innovations aren't the only ones to make mistakes and now this :evilgrin:

10. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Really, yes there is a huge difference. One movement is trying to use the courts to force a small businesses to violate their sincerely-held religious beliefs or close its doors; the other side is trying to organize a segment of the public at large to push a privately held corporation to associate with another private organization. If you can't see the difference you don't deserve Constitutional protections. One side uses choice (free market); the other uses government force (aka tyranny.) Nobody is filing a federal lawsuit against Yeti. They're just saying we won't buy your crap unless you toe the line. Massive difference.

I freely admit it looks like I "jumped the gun" in my original post, but I'm glad to not only create this dialogue but also to highlight both sides' potential BS-ometer.

Swamp Stalker and LittleChief like this.
  11. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I agree. Anyone with a bowhunt or die sticker or a status symbol Yeti product is definitely a *********.

Justin likes this.
  12. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
  13. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    Kfili likes this.
  14. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    cantexian likes this.
  15. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  16. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    "YETI severed ties with the NRA and is now engaging in damage control after a backlash from many of its customers. In early March, YETI refused to place a previously negotiated order from NRA-ILA, citing “recent events” as the reason – a clear reference to the tragedy in Parkland, Florida. YETI then delivered notice to the NRA Foundation that it was terminating a 7-year agreement and demanded that the NRA remove the YETI name and logo from all NRA digital assets, as well as refrain from using any YETI trademarks in future print material. While YETI is trying to spin the story otherwise, those are the facts. While Yeti can choose to run from the NRA, they can’t run from the facts."

Wow, just wow.

17. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:

They are reporting directly from the NRA. Maybe the NRA is full of it, but Breitbart reporting of their statement is accurate.
    I generally find Breitbart to be some of the most adept accurate reporting on the internets. Their editorialized headlines, on the other hand, are usually only part of the story and like most headlines not always accurate. But reporters don't write headlines. Editors do. Headlines are intentionally designed to provoke you to read the whole story so you see every little pop up and banner ad and make them money.

Because they're so frequently accused of being fake news by the Left; if you actually read Breitbart news you will see that they are very conscious of citing sources for stats; etc. They fact check themselves if you just take the time to check their linked sources.

They also post a lot of editorial content that the average idiot interprets as being intended as a news story rather than what it is- opinion.

18. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Marion Hammer hasn't been the President of the NRA for 20 years. Now she's the spokesperson for the battle against Yeti? How does that happen?

To the point of her statement - Yeti was never a sponsor of the NRA nor did they provide them authorization to use their logo in marketing or print materials. I'm going to ahead and assume that NRA was using the logo to promote the fact that Yeti was "on board" because it makes them look better to be associated with well-known and well-respected brands. I picture NRA promoting fundraising banquets and events and knowing you can win or bid on Yeti product attracts more people. Pretty fair assumption I'd say.

Again I'm going to assume that after Parkland the anti-gun nuts started their witch hunt to burn all NRA supporters at the stake and found Yeti's logo in use, which most likely prompted them to reach out to Yeti. I'm again going to assume that it was brought to their legal team that NRA was using the logo without proper permission - at which point they were asked to stop. As a business they have every right to protect their brand and make sure that unauthorized use of their logo isn't happening. Doesn't matter who is doing it. IMO it still has nothing to do with their stance on 2A or the NRA.

I couldn't care less if Yeti wants to sell product to NRA at a discount, at retail cost, at an inflated cost or not at all.

If people want to make purchasing decisions based on which businesses do or do not support/donate/stand behind the NRA that's their prerogative. I still believe Yeti does far more good for hunting and the outdoors than 99% of companies out there - including all other cooler and drinkware manufacturers. They're sure doing a hell of a lot more for conservation than Wal-Mart is. So if people want to burn, shoot, smash or otherwise destroy perfectly good products just so they can get some likes and shares on the Facebook by all means have it at.

When UA dropped the Bowmars I felt it was a crappy move and decided I would no longer support a company that caved to pressure from anti-hunters. That doesn't mean I threw out any UA gear I already owned. Heck - it's nice stuff. I still work out in it today. I won't buy any more, but I'm not going to throw my hard-earned money down to the toilet because I'm mad about a business decision.

cantexian and cant like this.
  19. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I wouldn't be surprised at all it was over political differences. However I just don't really care, I don't buy their products and never have. A cooler simply isn't worth an arm and a leg. I've always thought it was absurd to pay that kind of money for a cooler and all their products are remarkably overpriced the same way. They simply became an upper class redneck status symbol.
    However, I don't think the NRA would lie about it and I don't think the NRA is mistaken. I'm far more inclined to believe it to be exactly as the NRA says it to be. I find it more likely that a company over political conflict would try to finagle a way out of a agreement or contract that was subtle enough to escape attention, get called on it and then try to smooth it over with a premeditated excuse.

20. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    Here's where I'm a bit lost- first NRA claimed that Yeti discontinued their relationship w/o notice and w/o explanation...but the above statement directly contradicts that. Being pro-2A; I can hate the purported reason Yeti did what they did and despise them for being cowardly cavers; but I don't need to be fed BS by the NRA either.

Methinks this is one of those times where both sides are equally full of self righteous crap.

Kfili likes this.