XXX Team 11 - Official Thread XXX

Discussion in '2014 Turkey Contest' started by gltomp, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Going to try to get a hunt in the morning if the storms hold off. I was going to go north again but it looks like we had better go south based of the weather map.

2. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well it was a slow day today. We heard 2 birds and they were both on the neighbors side of the fence. One looked like the bird that I saw the day before. I could see him all puffed up strutting his stuff for a hen, but he wouldn't come over to our side of the fence. We only got to watch them for about 15 minutes and then didn't see anything else the rest of the day. I'll be hunting with my brother and our cousins kid in the morning, so hopefully we get something a little more eventful tomorrow.

3. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I put my bird on the scoreboard.

4. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hens were crazy this morning. Very few gobbles after fly down though. So far have seen a lone hen, a deer, and a coyote.

5. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just a monster come in with a fatty paint brush beard. He circled us and then exited almost the same way he came in. Not sure why he never committed. May have to remove the jake from the decoys.

6. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    He did it 2 more times. We repositions and went and ate lunch. Been back in the blind about 10 minutes and have had 2 birds gobble. Should be good. It poured while we were a At lunch.

7. purebowhunting

purebowhunting Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Heckler, enjoy the play by play of your hunts!

8. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Almost only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades..... Never did make it happen. If I would have had my 3.5 mag he would have been dead all three times. They were gobbling like crazy and slowly getting a little closer right before the bad weather rolled in. We just ran out of time. It poured for 2 hours straight and the temp dropped for 70 to 45 degree. They are calling for a hard freeze and snow tonight. WTF! It's suppose to rebound Tuesday/Wednesday. It will be game on I am sure!

9. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just got permission to hunt on a HUGE farm not too far from home. Farmer hasn't seen or heard any birds but he knows they're around. I have to go to the barn this week and find out from the 'hands' where they're at.

I'll also be going to the Arnot National Forest hunting with my cousin. LOTS of birds there - but also [lots of gun] hunters. My Amish buddy is looking forward to going where we scored our double last year too. I can't wait!!!!

It was a beautiful day here to be turkey hunting - but New York State says... 'not yet mister, not yet'.

10. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well I got my new rest in and set up. I'm ready for Monday, that's for sure. Hopefully I get to watch my brother kill a bird this weekend and my wife and I can take a couple birds out Monday or Tuesday.

My cousins kid never did any good on Sunday. Everything was coming together and a bird was about to die, and wouldn't you know it, the kids uncle comes driving up in his truck to cut wood. What a disappointment. I hope to kill my first bird early in the week so that I can take a couple other people on the weekend to try and kill their 1st birds. I think that I like calling birds in better for other people than I do for myself. It's always a great time watching somebody get a shot at something for the 1st time. Gotta love that feeling. Good luck to anybody that is hunting this week.

11. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck snake. My boy and I are going to give it another go Friday morning being he doesn't have school. Not sure what the game plan is yet.

12. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The 'game plan' is to get that boy a bird... :bash:

13. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I know it. He has been real patient. We have done two all day hunts and he has yet to have a mature bird in the decoys. He flucked it up the first two times though..... He is learning from his mistakes which he won't listen to dad so if he just doesn't make the same mistake more then once I am good with that. :p I can tell the birds have already really been pressured at some of these spots I have put him on. Which is shocking as its really early. Going to try to get him away from the "big" cities this Friday. Wish I could just pull him out of school as I prefer to hunt on the weekdays. :p

14. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Alright Mr. Olson??? Are you next up to bat? Put that camera down long enough to kill a bird. :p We are in the lead with the most points. Let's be the first to team to put two on the board! Snake is on deck? Who is in the hole? Everyone batting have their game face on?

15. Alissa Kay

Alissa Kay Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My season starts a week from today! Can't wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've got my game face on, ready to roll! The weather looks like it's gonna be perfect for next week. If all goes as planned I will be a part of 4 or 5 different birds getting killed by next weekend.

17. Trevor Olson

Trevor Olson BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Guys. I arrowed a good 2 year old bird this morning. Getting my photo and video commitments done and will upload a few photos later. BHOD!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

YES!!! bhod!!!

19. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am so happy right now! I would give you man hug if I could! LMAO!!! """""""Awkward""""""" Had to get those air quotes in there! hahahahaha

20. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hell yeah! Congratulations!