Wow, shipping and handling is outrageous!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Gear' started by Hoytpro24, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Hoytpro24

Hoytpro24 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    For a puny 2 ounce quiver lever lock release that cost me $4.99 to buy, they are trying to charge me $11.50 to ship it!!! HAHAHA that's the funniest thing I think I've ever seen. This should cost about $1.50 to send. I think they accidentally typed another 1.

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    We ship all products UPS ground, and if you've ever shipped anything via UPS you know that NOTHING costs $1.50 to send. The average package costs around $10 to send via UPS nowadays not including the cost of the box, packaging supplies, and our time to box it up and send it out. We're not in the business of losing money on shippping costs - especially on a $5 part we're probably making less than $1 on.

3. ARYAN1

ARYAN1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I ship everything USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation and insurance and the cheapest is $10

4. Allamand

Allamand Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I always hate when Companies don't ship small parts 1st class. I know it's up to them, but why make more money for UPS or USPS? Most of us would prefer to save a little $$

5. Ancient Archer

Ancient Archer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    USPS Flat Rate shipping can be a good deal, especially if shipping to Alaska, etc.

6. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    When I go to buy online the first place I look is here. I'd rather support this site than some random shop.
    However, search for companies that offer free shipping. I got my sight shipped for free.
    Just look around, but remember, look here first.

7. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There's more to shipping and handling than the UPS charge. It sucks, but Justin's right, there's very little out there than can be shipped ANYWHERE via UPS for less than 10 bucks. Boxes, envelopes, employees and general overhead all still cost.

A company with a postal scale could save the customer a few bucks on real small packages, but they still need to pay for a padded envelope and the person to weigh and make a label for on it. That doesn't give you tracking and confirmation either. Heck, the smallest flat rate went up recently to like 5.95 or something like that. It's really a no win to order small cheap stuff online unless you are combining it with a larger order.

8. Treehopper

Treehopper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It is hard to ship first class. There is no confirmation delivery. A few people abuse that and say they never received the product so you ship again.

Justin is right on with his comments.

9. rickmur

rickmur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    UPS wanted $36 to ship some Ameristep Rapid Rails I just sold, was able to ship the for $16 and change via Parcel Post, added $150 insurance for another $2

10. dmen

dmen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Some of you are misinformed on how usps shipping goes. You can get delivery confirmation on first class, all that is required is that the package be more than 3/4 inch thick.The small priority flat rate box is 5.20 not 5.95, andthat os shipped to anywhere in the US. The box is free and if you print your postage online you get a 5% discount and free delivery confirmation.Your packages can also be picked up by your carrier free of charge. So the 11.50 you want to charge for that 5 dollar part you could ship for $2.50 with USPS and then whatever overhead you think you need for labor, which would be only printing the label off of usps.com. You are doing your customers a huge disservice by only using ups, and hurting your bottom line as well.Any questions on usps just pm me, I am a postmaster and can help you not only save money but also help your customers save money and improve their experience with your company.

11. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Personally I prefer when a company ships UPS. The online tracking of UPS, in my opinion, is far superior to USPS.

12. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I agree. USPS won't drive down my driveway (1.35 miles from the hwy). UPS & FedEx will.

13. Wilsgon22

Wilsgon22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Shipping and handling gennerally is not cheap but with the deals you get here I'd be willing to pay an extra 20 for standard shipping. You wont find better prices. I live relatively close to Cabelas and I still would rather order off bowhunting.com

14. Ky Bob

Ky Bob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

I agree. Way to much to ship a part that small.

15. Bear3725

Bear3725 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I couldn't agree more actually...shipping and handling is absolutely outrageous!

16. Ky Bob

Ky Bob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I shipped a Moultrie M80 camera USPS and also got delivery confirmation for $6.13 a couple of days ago.

17. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
  18. SilentSling

SilentSling Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Obamanomics....go green or go home....
    We are all Home...
    What kind of gas do you buy?
    Mine is frickin High!
    Not good bro!
    We can't make anything because it takes energy.

19. seanmoe

seanmoe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought a letherman on ebay it was 1.00 the shipping was 7 but all together it was worth more than that, I'm just carefull what I buy when I have to worry about outragous shiping. it is horrible. If I pay ten buck for shipping it has to be on like a 100 dollar item.

20. Jeff Mayne

Jeff Mayne Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Like your sig line...
    Golf is a sport, where's the "other side" there? Bowling's a sport, where is the other side? Must be a mistake... Huh?