Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Would you do it?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by MNKK, Nov 27, 2008.

1. atlasman

atlasman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    They both are.

That's not what we are discussing so not really sure why you keep bringing it up.

I feel the same way about irresponsible pet killers :d

2. atlasman

Dislikes Received:
    Don't need.......or don't have??

Actions of a coward.

3. atlasman

Dislikes Received:
    So what??

Try answering the question.

4. atlasman

Dislikes Received:

I have yet to see anyone stick up for irresponsible pet owners.

5. okcaveman

okcaveman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    and iv yet to see you describe this potentially wild dog as anything but a sweet loveable little puppy that could do no harm. for all you know it was ripping the deer apart, for all you know it had been a nusance previously. neither of us have the whole story but bud you really are way up there on that high horsey of yours

6. dmjarb01

dmjarb01 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Predictable elementary response when you don't have a logical rebuttal.

7. dmjarb01

dmjarb01 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I responded to your statement/question, stating that the dog new he was there. You said/asked if he was afraid of a dog that didn't know he was there.

8. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    For God's sake Atlasman can you read???? My ex-wife had her mother steal our dogs after I left my house. Nobody left a door open, she stole my dogs, deer racks and two deer mounts and disappeared with them. I then go on to say it ended up in Aurora where SHE left a door open leaving the dog to run off and get hit.

As for you returning the favor it would never happen because my dog wouldn't be on your property tresspassing as I am responsible and have a fenced in yard and well trained dogs. Or are you saying you would trespass and shoot my family or my dog on my property? Who is the disturbed individual mister eye for an eye????

9. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    GMMAT- I typed out my post before seeing what you said in your previous post. my post after yours was directed at my previous post.

10. MNKK

MNKK Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    WOW, this is getting pretty wacked out. I haven't even looked at this thread in days. I think it was two or three pages long the last I saw of it. That's crazy!
    He is a kid. He was afraid to get down out of his tree. Dog would not leave, even after yelling at it. No collar, did not recognize it.
    Personally, knowing him as well as I do, I think he handled it fine. Differently from how I would have. Like I said, he is a little dude, No match for any dog. but some people on here want him to climb down, then do what to protect himself if the dog decides that he (cousin) is invading his(dog) territory? I am not going to take that risk, as much as I love dogs...I love myself a little bit better.

11. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    I think this post has made some of us get a little too heated. We all have our opinions but no laws were broken so your friend do right by his state law. In the end this has made me feel comfortably numb and I walk away feeling like nothing was accomplished other than people pitting themselves against one another. I think we need a group hug and time to heal our wounds, then again this thread will likely go on and on until it get's locked or a few of us get reprimanded;) I am officially retiring from this post to move on to more positive posts.

P.S. Atlasman Rules!!!

12. Brandon8807

Brandon8807 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Lol, you're right... nothing has been accomplished at all. There are too many different viewpoints for anyone to reach an agreement on whats right/wrong. I'd say everyone should just agree to disagree and let this topic float away. I've spent too much time reading it as it is. It's good entertainment though I must admit.

13. okcaveman

okcaveman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    thats the thing. i know i wnt sway anybody to my side and i know they wnt sway me to their side. its just fun and entertaining to try. kinda like the black panther thread over on hni. just something to pass the time of day while im stuck in a dorm room

14. MNKK

MNKK Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The what? Another day another time I guess:confused: .

15. atlasman

Dislikes Received:

:lmao:

16. atlasman

Dislikes Received:

OK.....so the dog looked when he yelled. Assuming the kid was so poorly hidden and the dog could ID him in full camo 20 feet up a tree.......the question still stands as to why on earth would he be afraid when he has a bow and knife on him and the dog is 20 feet below on the ground showing no interest in him at all.......or maybe you don't know what knew means because you can't spell it ;)

17. atlasman

Dislikes Received:
    :confused:

I'm not saying anything to you directly........but in general??...yes, I am a law abiding responsible dog owner so if my dog happens to slip out for 10 minutes one day and some knuckle dragging mouth breather takes a shot at him as he is playing in the field because he scared away a lousy deer god have mercy on him because I sure as hell would not.

Agree to agree :cool:

18. atlasman

Dislikes Received:

What I think is that we are all in agreement on way more then this thread has shown.......I don't think anyone is in favor of reckless dog owners letting their mutts run all over and cause problems.......nor is anyone in favor of blasting holes in a helpless puppy out for a stroll with the family......and in truth probably 99% of the time the situation will fall somewhere in between.

How exactly we ended up killing kids and taking old yeller to the taxidermist is beyond me :confused:

It was pretty damn funny at times.

All in the spirit of Christmas I suppose :wave:

19. Txjourneyman

Txjourneyman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah and if that guy in the red suit tries breaking into my house again I'm gonna let him have it with both barrels! We have the Castle Doctrine here!:uzi:

20. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well seeing as how there are so many replies, I might as well join in the mash pit. First, those that claim that dogs are part of their family. I understand, and also have & had pets that where thought of as part of my family. So I understand the value of them. But, if they are part of your family, KEEP THEM AT HOME & KNOW WHERE THEY ARE AT! I have been attacked by these "family members" while just jogging down the street. While the lady who owned the dog, stood behind the fence yelling at it, instead of getting the damn thing. Your uncollared dog on my land is fair game. Sorry, I have no time for the excuse that it's a family member. Keep control of your animal, know where it's at all times. If that dog posed a threat, it's done. The private land where I hunt, the land owner says she won't go some days because the neighbors dogs (a rott & a doberman) are running around on her property. They have been aggressive towards her. Growling was mentioned. Get attacked once, & I asure that growling is as sufficiently aggressive as is getting bit. I would give hime one, and only one, opportunity to get those dogs in check. Next time I come across them, those dogs posed a threat to me. Done, they would pose a threat no more.