would it be blasphemy?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by okcaveman, Oct 27, 2008.

1. okcaveman

okcaveman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    would it be ok if i posted a story and pics of my weekends hunt on here? it was with a muzzleloader and i know this is a bow hunting forum, but the way things played out i am extremely happy and proud and would like to be able to share the experience and getsome feed back, but i dnt want to upset anybody or ruffle any feathers. so folks would that be ok?

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Go for it! We won't mind, as long as its a good story. :D

3. okcaveman

Dislikes Received:
    thank you. the pics wont be up for a while as i am in college and hafta get them emailed to me b4 i can put them up.

the last couple years i have bowhunted straight through the muzzleloading season as i had never really goten into muzzleloading. to much trouble cleaning them afterwards. but this year watching my dad load and shoot his something told me to get my tag. i always go with my gut feelings as it has paid off in the past. i have the hunter instinct lol:hail: . after hunting hard all day saturady and seeing nothing i was just even more ready to get up and go the next morning but i cant just go to sleep so i stayed up reading a book. (treestand hunting stratagies) and read a chapter telling the best time to call and rattle and that just happened to coincide with this week.

the next morning i had my grunt call and rattle bag with me. at 7:20 i grunted 3 times and rattled for around a minute then grunted again. 5 minutes later a beautiful 8 point came slipping in looking for the commotion. at 20 yards it was an easy shot and i had my tag on him less than 10 minutes later.he weighed 162lbs which is huge for my area.

that afternoon my fiance (who i had told would have to hunt with me if she wanted to see me during season) came to my house and commented that she mite would like to try muzzleloading.at 5pm i said ok and we went and i let her shoot my gun. after a few shots for her to get used to the gun and to realizeit wouldnt hurt her ( 5'3" 110 lbs pretty small lady) we went to town and got her tag. at 5:45 we had her tag and at 6 were in the woods. i grunted 3 times and a doe came in and spooked so i grunted to calm her down. less than a minute later i saw a buck slipping toward us and told her to get ready. it presented a shot and she took it. DRT. i mean dropped it like a sack of tators. at 6:15 she had it down. less than an hour after her first shooting a muzzeloader and only 30 min after getting her tag!

she jumped up and started hyperventilating with the excitement of her very first deer. first shot at a deer after me trying 4 2 years to get her a shot. it is possible to convert non hunting city type girls to the other side. i know because yesterday she became hooked. and her very first deer ever was a 172lb monster with 8 points and a very large rack. WOOHOO!!!!

yesterday was a MAGICAL day

anyways sorry for rambling on and on but i am so excited and proud of my little lady even now that i cant contain myself and i just had to tell yall the good news

4. dmjarb01

dmjarb01 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would love to hear it.

5. okcaveman

Dislikes Received:
    i hooked her on hunting and myself on the use of calls. oh yea both of the deer taken were inside of 30 yards in thick terrain. my fiance deserves this deer after allthe miles she has walked to be by my side and all the mornings she has gotten up at 4 am and sat in the cold waiting on her first deer. i have killed some nice bucks in my life but i must admit to getting more of a thrill and rush from helping my fiance to kill her first than i ever have before. it is a simply exhilirating feeling and will make for more pride than you ever dreamed possible

6. dmjarb01

dmjarb01 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's a pretty awesome story.

7. okcaveman

Dislikes Received:
    thx. im not much on this story telling unless its in person. it seems like so much gets left out or its way to long. im just really pumped and wanted all my new friends to know the good news. hope to have the pics posted later today

8. dmjarb01

dmjarb01 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's geat. It's awesome to be able to get someone started in hunting, and to be with her when she killed her first is just fantastic. I can't wait to see the pics.

9. OKbowhunter

OKbowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That is a pretty sweet story. Now get those pics up! I want to see some nice OK bucks:d

10. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly!!! Do it!! :cool:

11. Txjourneyman

Txjourneyman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I think its a good enough story that you avoided the possible sack punch. Congrats to both of you! I confess that on occasion I carry a smokepole into the woods. If I get through archery only season without meat in the freezer I may hunt with a ML.