Woman hunters

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by oldnotdead, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah good luck in your search.

2. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry married 40 years already,daughters girl friends married. I meet more woman hunters in shopping lines than one would expect. I can get a conversation going with just about anyone and about anything. Just casually throw something out in a crowd and see what catches. I learn so much doing that.
    There is down side though, people remember me. I do not remember people, so I get caught off guard a lot with call outs where ever I go. Once I managed a hour long conversation with someone I had no clue what so ever who they were. Though you'd think we were life long friends...lol

3. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Didn't I see a match website based on interest in hunting? Wife and I always thought about joining a match website and see what happens.

4. Grouch

Grouch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    First let me say we have been married for 45 years ! Not long after marriage I introduced my wife to her first bow ! After a year of shooting she was ready for the hunt, I really looked forward to this time together ! now the reality ! hauling 2 stands, putting up 2 stands, making sure her stand is not too far away ! Finding wife at end of hunt usually in the dark to make sure she is safe and gets out of woods, Purchasing 2 of everything ! Then children came, Guess who was home many wonderful days in late fall babysitting ! Not all roses guys

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I will admit bowhunting has been an escape for me for years, getting away from the cell phone and responsibilities. I do fish with my wife and sometimes I want to troll for pike when she wants to cast for bass, and she always wants to bring her damn chihuahua. Can not imagine bow hunting with my wife. I would till and plant the plot, put up the stand do all the work she would show up shoot a buck and talk **** while I was dragging and gutting.

dnoodles likes this.
  6. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Women are the fastest growing segment in hunting right now, I think social media is playing big part in this. One of the few good things to come from the influx of social media in hunting. Personally my wife has zero interest, my daughter is only 6 and I would be surprised if she gravitates towards hunting at all...

7. HancockCountyIL

HancockCountyIL Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Whomever wants to hunt, should hunt. With dwindling hunting numbers, we should be encouraging hunting, not discouraging it.

entropyfx likes this.
  8. BritFgl

BritFgl Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have to agree with the makeup on I’m sorry I am a female hunter but especially a morning hunt this girl is NOT putting on makeup! Actually I only have had makeup on in the stand very few times and that was because i evening hunted and wore it earlier that day!!

9. BritFgl

BritFgl Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am an avid female hunter I have hunted with rifle and bow but since picking up my bow I’m addicted to it I have no intentions on using my rifle! I have a 12 year old son who I can’t pay to get in the woods and a 5 year old daughter who climbed in her first stand last year and is hooked! I am not a feminist by no means at ALL but I believe females that are out there hunting is great they encourage other women or girls to take chances and try it out too! To me hunting is therapy I have 3 kids and to get in the woods and sit in silence and listen to all the sounds and watch nature just happen is calming! I think that some women think it’s cruel or gross in my experiences with talking to them about my passions but the ones who like it love it and I hope it continues to grow!

10. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ask her to go scouting. Much more in the woods than deer sign. Birds, butterflies, mushrooms all make up the natural world. Took two grandsons several years ago. Found the lower jaw of what turned out to be a beaver...in an area that didn't know had beaver.

11. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Ignor that dislike until they let me change it!

12. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    I can't imagine hubbie hauling and putting up stands for me! I was the person at camp that gutted and skinned the deer some guys just couldn't ( FIL's hunting buddies) stomach. I build all my own blinds. This is why I have my hunting grounds and the guys have theirs. I use to drive them crazy when I'd get up at 4 to get ready and in stand an hour before day light. I'd passout from surprise if any of the guys I know that hunt in my circle even suggested food plotting. Why none of them are allowed on my grounds, and I rarely go to camp.

13. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    wait, what?

upload_2020-7-31_8-46-29.png

to each their own...

Okiebob likes this.
  14. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    my wife will hunt sometimes. Not big on the cold. She's more of an archer than a hunter.

I will say one of my favorite, most bittersweet memories of my wife is when she took at shot at her first buck. She was so happy and excited she almost jumped down from the tree. I knew it was a clean miss just under the buck's heart and didn't want to ruin the moment by telling her she missed.

oldnotdead and Sota like this.
  15. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    One of my college girlfriends was a huge bow hunter. My wife hunts deer, waterfowl, small game and ice fishes with me. We actually got engaged while goose hunting in our pasture a few years back.

Fix, Sota and oldnotdead like this.
  16. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Ever go to the archery range?

I met my wife at ours. Actually shot against her one night in league. It all started that night.

She loves to bow hunt. When our kids were growing up, we split time watching the kids so that we each could have some time to hunt.

My kids were so so about hunting. My boy could shot the deer but not field dress it. My daughter decided she can't kill the deer but will happily fieled dress it-especially when it means she can have some venison.

Now that she is expecting her first child, I told her that the kid was going fishing and hunting with gramps. My ultimate retirement date aligns very well with that plan.

Fix, oldnotdead, Sota and 1 other person like this.
  17. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Less often than I should - closest range/bow shop is a 90 minute drive for me so I’ve kind of set up my own range in the back yard and bow shop in the basement. Might need to start making the drive though.

18. Stickman

Stickman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wish I had one that wanted to Bowhunt with me. Those who do are lucky