Wolves affecting the northern deer hunters in MN

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by Xoutdoors, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Xoutdoors

Xoutdoors Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've talked to my friends on how they did for deer hunting up North. All they see were Wolves during the day. Not a single deer. I think that the DNR should give every northern hunters a wolf tag rather than drawing a couple hundred people to get a drawn tag. I also agree to a friend that there are too many wolves up north.

2. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That's the opposite of what they are trying to do with wolf harvests. They take more around the edges of the wolf range and less where they are established. The edges are where there are more conflict and need for thinning.

It's a moot point until they delist them again anyway.

3. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I saw more deer / sit this year than any previous year. Less bucks though. I also got more wolves on cameras than any other year this year.

4. Xoutdoors

Dislikes Received:
    True and Mt lions are also another problem too now that they've made their way in MN.

5. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Huh? Problem for what?

6. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes there has been mountain lions in Mn but they don't call MN home. I doubt there are 5 cats in the state at any one time. They just pass through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Xoutdoors

Dislikes Received:
    I dont know about that. My sister saw one south of the metro in rosemount. she thought it was a deer but what looked weird about it that it has a long tail and a short neck and small head. I figured it was a puma. the landowner and his wife saw it too. their neighbor knows it was here for a long time. hes told us about calves eaten up in some years. If we told the DNR about a cougar in the south metro, the'll just make it like cougars don't exist in the south metro. A coworker that I know was stalked by a couger when he was on his land up north. he says if you move,he moves,if you stop, he stops. he says their more sneakier than wolves.