Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by Dunn County, Sep 7, 2013.

1. mistertwister68

mistertwister68 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Modena/Gilmanton area. Heading down tomorrow afternoon for a quick evening sit. Then back down next Tuesday night through Sunday. Your posts have me jacked! Good luck to everyone getting out there.

2. mistertwister68

mistertwister68 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats! That is a great buck!

3. lakepepinboy

lakepepinboy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm the dad who saw all the deer last night. Unfortunately the hot doe we had last wkend appears to have left & none of the others are hot yet as lots of does around when I saw mature shooter bucks but no chasin goin on... The Can brought a spike & fork in from a long ways away but both need another year or two. Lots of active scrapes & every buck hit the same scrape line so the boys are def ready. Now the mature does just need to join in so rut really cranks up! Good luck to all from Pepin County (smallest one in state bordering Mississippi River & Buffalo Cty on Wi/Mn border)!

4. WISCOZ7

WISCOZ7 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys. I have this coming week off so I'm planning on hitting it hard. I'd love another chance at the brute I missed on 10/23. They should really be going this week!!

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

5. gutone4me

gutone4me Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Scrapes and rubs everywhere but real deer not so much Only the first day if vacation and even though tonight's sit isn't over I can't wait for tomorrow morning

6. ttraveler

ttraveler Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    A quiet morning in northern Wisconsin and had one small buck checking out the scrapes and making a rub tonight. Hoping for some better action in the morning. Good luck..the rut is on!!>>>

7. N.E.Wisconsinhunter

N.E.Wisconsinhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Wondering if anyone hunts Oconto or Brown county?

8. TAuth41

TAuth41 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Quiet here yesterday. A couple young buck sightings and some does. Talking to neighbors don't think rut is quite started here. Ha defiantly shown glimpses though.

9. TAuth41

Dislikes Received:
    One neighbor had buck grunting around him this a.m. Hopefully frost triggers things and deer remember its November.

10. msigman

msigman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing in the S E section. Yet!!!!!!!!!

11. mistertwister68

mistertwister68 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Had a 120" 8 point chase a doe past me last night. Corn started coming off the farm on Thursday. Hopefully its all off before I get down Tuesday evening. Scrapes are showing up everywhere on the field edges. Things are about to get real interesting. Good luck!

12. gutone4me

gutone4me Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Saw 10 today 5 bucks 2 no doubt shooters.8-11 am being best Looks like wind and rain all week.

13. trvsmarine

trvsmarine Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hunted the last four days at our cabin in tigerton. Big bucks are not rutting yet at all. There is a few scrapes around and some decent sized rubs. Little 1.5 year old bucks are chasing but thats it. I took the opportunity to shoot a doe on friday morning as she came thru one of our food plots. Working tommorrow and then back to the cabin to hunt wednesday morning thru sunday ! Hope things will pickup, I have only seen one shooter so far this season. Biggest buck I have had in range so far was also on friday morning and it was a 2.5 year old eight point, roughly 14 inside and I elected to pass him at 25 yards.[​IMG]

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

14. purebowhunting

purebowhunting Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    While shinning Thursday night I saw what I believe to be a 4 yo breeding a doe, an early breeder. Had a 130" eight push some does, young buck responding to rattling. I'd guess peak breeding will be this weekend into next week, this was in North central WI.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  15. TAuth41

Dislikes Received:
    Saw 3 bucks and 3 does this morning. Bucks were pushing one of the does which eventually led to chasing. I think next weekend should be good hunting. Hopefully!!!

16. bigwisconsinbucks

bigwisconsinbucks Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Only saw 2 little bucks on Friday night (Nov. 1). However, things really heated up on Saturday! I saw 24 total deer throughout the day with 9 of those being different bucks. The oldest of those was a 3.5 year old management 9 pointer that I was able to put a perfect shot on at 17 yards around 10 a.m. Saturday morning. Out of the other bucks that I saw 3 were nice 2.5 year olds and the rest were all 1.5 year olds either chasing does or cruising extremely hard all day long. It was the total opposite on Sunday as I was only able to see 3 1.5 year old bucks and a doe while on stand in the morning. Sunday afternoon I did see a 3.5 year old 8 pointer locked down with a doe and on Saturday my cousin saw the oldest deer on our farm, a 7.5 year old 10 pointer, locked down with a doe as well. It seems as if the mature bucks are already locked down with does or not really moving yet. I'll be getting back after them again on Thursday! 1441179_10151938293756380_1215294925_n.jpg

17. N.E.Wisconsinhunter

N.E.Wisconsinhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Was out yesterday, and it was nice to finally see deer during the daylight again! The rain really put a ca-bosh on my open area in front of my stand, hopefully Saturday morning will be the day.

18. realtree08

realtree08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Time to start using doe estrus? What do you all think might try some this weekend. Bad news is is that there's corn up all over yet

19. Treestandsniper

Treestandsniper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I dragged a rag soaked with Tinks hot shot pee in last Saturday morning on the way in. When I passed my buddies stand I sprayed some pee on the ground. He was facing away from the pee, but when we met up after the morning hunt, a buck had left his calling Card exactly where is sprayed.

Use the pee.

20. Treestandsniper

Treestandsniper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Looking at 40 mph gusts on Saturday in sw WI.