Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by Dunn County, Sep 7, 2013.

1. koonski70

koonski70 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Bossbucks I've been hunting and I only seen the same doe with her 2 fawns I had 7 different bucks on camera since the beginning of sept once oct hit not 1 buck just the same 3 deer and the bucks were all at night I haven't a clue whats going maybe another late rut again this year? Got 1 rub on a tree in mid sept which usually has like a 50 to70 yard long rub line not one scrape even my mock scrape isn't getting noticed on the usual scrape line:ninja:

2. KaKluth

KaKluth Newb

Dislikes Received:
    New to bowhunting this year. Anybody have any tips for good Public Hunting land in S.E Wisc, mainly around the Ozaukee, Waukesha and Jefferson counties?? Where I can park? Where I can walk in? Good spots? Anything would be appreciated for this rook looking to "nock" out a few tags.

3. mitchp21

mitchp21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Any of my Wisconsin friends know who this fella is? If so, tell him to stay off property he isn't supposed to be on.

South Central WI (Fort Atkinson area, to be exact)

PICT0122.jpg

4. koonski70

koonski70 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I tried to lighten it and sharpen the pic the only thing I could get is he is a Mexican decent in around mid to late 50s

5. Born2Hunt

Born2Hunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Looking to get out this weekend!

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 4

6. ttraveler

ttraveler Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Get out this weekend folks if you can....the weather looks to be great with these cool temperatures moving in and snow flurries in the Northwoods!!! Can't wait!! Watch the wind and shoot straight. Best of luck>>>>BHOD!!!

7. outlawmed23

outlawmed23 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    good luck to all this weekend. cant wait to be back in wi from afghanistan i will be out all year next year.

8. BowBoss

BowBoss Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hunting in Rusk county this weekend on a previous land lords land. Hope to fill a doe tag if not a buck tag. Wish me luck!

9. Treestandsniper

Treestandsniper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    4 star day by the solunar tables. Heading out for evening and tomorrow morning hunts.

10. crxwolski

crxwolski Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My parents live at the corner of rusk and price county.

11. lakepepinboy

lakepepinboy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hunting on private land in WI's Pepin County that borders Mississippi River/Lake Pepin. My 14yo son & I have been hitting in hard since Thurs eve. Lots of does, fawns & spikes but have yet to see any being chased by bucks. Rut sign was nonexistent last wkend but now seeing quite a few fresh scrapes & rubs showing up. Had bachelor group of 4 bucks come in & 2 biggest ones were def shooters & responded favorably to doe bleats from The Can. Ran out of pm shooting light so they are still living. Hope to fill some doe tags today so we can return next wkend & focus on just bucks. Rut should be cranked up by then as first frost of year last night & lots of mature does for bucks to start chasing. Get in the woods as much as you possibly can!

12. Treestandsniper

Treestandsniper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hunted Saturday night and Sunday morning. My buddy had a 7 point wandering under his stand for 15 minutes, but couldn't turn to make an off shoulder shot. Sunday morning, big doe with a large bodied buck bolts by at 54 yards. Five minutes latter the doe runs back (full speed) and disappears over a knoll. Neither responded to can call and grunt tube. Anyway, it was good to see some pre-rut activity.

13. nealmccullough

nealmccullough BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    I can't wait to get out to our Pepin County spot - we have a 4 day hunt planned for Oct 31 - November 4.

Keep the updates coming!
    BOWHUNTORDIE

14. kennyg

kennyg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Was diss appointed the last 3 days. Seen very little movement and verb little sign. Marquette County

15. wisconsin bow hunter

wisconsin bow hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Heading up tomorrow morning to Vilas co. for a 4 day hunt with the son and the future son in law. First time out in 15 yrs, and really looking forward to it. But I'll tell you what...this has been the longest day of work I have gone thru in A LONG TIME!!!

16. ttraveler

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck to you up in Vilas County. Enjoy the hunt with your son and FSL...The deer were moving last weekend over in Oneida county. This could be an even better weekend with this cold weather that has decided to stick around!!

Todd

17. wisconsin bow hunter

wisconsin bow hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks, I appreciate the good news... I sure hope this turns out to be as good as I think it will be... the son has never been in a deer camp type setting, and this will similar to the experiences I had years ago...

18. ttraveler

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing like deer camp...

19. louisdh

louisdh Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hunted in Northern Wi (Bayfield county) October 21,22,23. So some movement, mostly small bucks. One 9 pointer came out and ate some turnips in my big and beasty plot. Great deer but only 2.5 year old so waited. Shot two does, since that was my main goal this trip, but with all the snow I thought maybe something big could come by. Not a ton of sign, and not a ton of bucks on cams. I will be back out November 4-12, but getting worried the rut will be later than that. What do you all think? With the colder temps I thought I would start seeing scrapes by now, but not a lot of them around.....

20. ECFDOlson173

ECFDOlson173 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I honestly think the rut will be kicking into gear next week (Im in southern WI). The best days I have always hunted is Oct. 31-Nov 15. Starting monday I have off 14 full days to hunt!!