Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Wisconsin Rut Report

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by WiscoBowHunter, Oct 19, 2014.

1. P&YChaser

P&YChaser Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Marquette County: Friday night I grunted in this buck for a 10 yard shot. Went back out Saturday night and had a small 5 point chase a doe off grunting like crazy. He made 2 fresh scrapes and then chased off a spike after I did some more grunting. The young ones are definitely starting to get antsy...and the cams are starting to show more activity from the mature bucks nothing in the daylight though.
    image.jpg

2. buckslayer99

buckslayer99 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Crawford County/ SW WI = This weekend i hunted pretty hard had 2 small bucks spare a bit in front of me. Not to much activity for me i sat high ridge lines.. my dad shot a 8ptr working a scrap in a food plot... he sat out the next night said he saw a different 8 ptr chasing a doe around.

3. bigwisconsinbucks

bigwisconsinbucks Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Sauk County: Hunted Fri night/ Sat morn and night/ Sun morn. Saw a total of 4 little bucks and 5 does/fawns. Both little bucks on Saturday were cruising looking for does. The little buck Sunday morning came through cruising and grunting. The time is getting closer!! We have also had a definite increase of mature buck activity on camera, all at night but still good to see with some new bucks showing up as well.

4. Tannerb34

Tannerb34 Newb

Dislikes Received:
  5. gunther89

gunther89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hunted Saturday night and Sunday morning in Sauk county. Saturday night I had a fawn in front of me most of the night bleating. I assume the mom is with a buck or was shot. Also saw a 130-135 inch 3.5 year old 10 pointer out cruising about 30 minutes before dark. Sunday morning I could hear a buck grunting before it got light and saw 4 does and fawns. This week should be rocking with the colder temps coming in!

6. Jake47

Jake47 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Western Dane: Saturday morning 10/25.
    I responded to a lone grunt with one of my own. I had a nice 8 or 9 come in to 11 yards but he stayed screened behind some brush and never presented a shot. Shortly before I heard him grunt, I think he bumped some does out of a nearby thicket.

Saturday evening I saw a doe with fawn that was acting a little strange. I don't know if she smelled a buck in the standing corn, but she was worried for her fawn.

Sunday morning 10/26. Just one little basket rack searching for love.

All in all, a good weekend, but just a little bit early yet I think.

7. souperman20

souperman20 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Saturday night extreme Southeast corner of Dodge Co bucks were chasing nose the ground, saw a 6 or 8, fork horn and a spike from 5 to close, could have taken the fork but I was waiting for the bigger buck to come back.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

8. arpy00

arpy00 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    La Crosse County- Scrapes all over, a few rubs here and there. All the deer I have seen from my stand (small bucks and a bunch of does) have been in slow motion..taking their time moving. I am sure the warm weather is a factor...I did hear on Sunday some deer running about a hundreds yards from me...not sure if it was the start of the chase or something spooked them. I suspect the next cold spell will "flip the switch".

9. Ztachick

Ztachick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just saw this now. Kinda late sorry. And yeah tons of public land in Waukesha Co. I hunt a small patch off of 164 and I.

10. Joe p

Joe p Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the update hoping to be in Crawford county nov 10

11. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Lincoln County: Last Sunday (Oct 25) I had an encounter where a few deer moved in right around quitting time. I stayed in the stand not wanting to alert them. One was a doe, one a 100 inch buck with a very large body and one unidentified came through. They came in quite quick where the buck was chasing her. The buck was following the doe sniffing her with his head down. She didn't want nothing to do with him. He let her run off while he came and ate some bait. It looked like definite pre-rut activity. After about 10 minutes of the buck hanging around he headed back after the doe.

Oct 28 had a small basket cruising around dusk. Saw him from the car crossing the road.

Oct 30 saw in a corn field a small buck cruising half hour before dusk.

12. bigwisconsinbucks

bigwisconsinbucks Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Wednesday night I did not see a deer even though it was a perfect night... Last night was much different. Found 8 rubs and 5 scrapes on the walk in, all which were fresh. Throughout the night I saw 3 little bucks, a buck fawn and a doe. 2 of the bucks were grunting and the buck fawn was chasing the doe around and lightly grunting too. I was also able to go shining last night and saw a total of 34 deer! Usually we only see about 10 shining so this was a big improvement. 3 of them were mature bucks and a number of them were young bucks as well. One group consisted of 7 deer, 3 does and 4 bucks, a mature 9 pointer was locked down with a doe while the other bucks were messing around with each other and keeping their distance from the other buck. This weekend should be rocking!

13. wrassjd

wrassjd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Fyi It is illegal to shine during any deer season in WI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Smokey

Smokey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    wrassjd, not true. It is legal until 10:00 P.M.

" use or possess with intent to use, a light including vehicle headlights for shining wild animals
    between the hours of 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. from September 15 through December 31 whether
    or not in possession of a firearm, bow or crossbow, "

15. Born2Hunt

Born2Hunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Small bucks are seeking does saw 4 so far and 5 does

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

16. Ruttin1

Ruttin1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty quiet here in Grant. Between 3 hunters we have seen 2 deer on stand all weekend. Never seen it this quiet here before. Really makes you wonder WTF.

17. joot

joot Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Clark county: My brother saw two does and a six pointer walking behind them.....expecting rain/snow next week....ouch!

18. Born2Hunt

Born2Hunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Green Co sat until 10 and saw 6 small bucks and 5 does..bucks are seeking

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

19. WiscoBowHunter

WiscoBowHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Trempealue Co. Saw 7 deer in all day sit yesterday a 150ish ten a 8 point a 3 point and a fork horn and the big buck and 8 where chasin does saw one lone doe then a fork came by 45 min later in her tracks and the three point was just scent checking the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. bsmith1630

bsmith1630 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Agreeing with some of the guys above^^^ Shawano county. Smaller bucks were seeking. Hopefully a couple more days and those does heat up. Maybe with thursdays cold front???