Wintering mice..

Discussion in 'DIY Archery & Hunting Projects' started by oldnotdead, Oct 1, 2019.

1. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    We have had a HORRIBLE problem with mice all year in our vehicles and equipment. I have big issues in my blinds. Wire harness chewed,fires started by hidden nests. Chewing everything. Yesterday our only working fix arrived . Cab Fresh, expensive and mixed reviews ,though worked for us. They are best in closed areas. Engine compartments closed blinds you need a couple. Monks and squirrels are more challenging.
    I add balsam oil to the pouches to keep them strong.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  2. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Been using it for years. Seems to be as good as anything.

3. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    How often do you visit or check your stuff? Fellow had skunks in an outbuilding- told him to toss a handful of mothballs in the building...being careful, though. Try mothballs and replenish as needed. Keeps out a lot of unwanted critters.

4. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Mothballs stopped working and can't use them in our car and truck. These we clip in the engine compartment and they make the inside of both smell great. No more wiring harnesses replaced . Thats dang expensive!!!
    You can also buy pure balsam oil to replenish the pouches.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    Bucks&Blondes likes this.
  5. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My parents lived in a retirement community in Clearwater, FL. Lady had to have her wiring replaced twice because of squirrels. Dad would put a couple of rubber snakes up front...away from the engine heat. Worked! Never heard of balsam oil. Great as it works.

6. Kilted warrior

Kilted warrior Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Have had several RV places tell me to use dryer sheets. It keeps the mice away by smell.
    For the death : If ya got the place to put them- the tomcat green bars kills them off quick. Just ensure pets cannot get to them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app