Winter Projects?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well the Simichrome leaves a protective layer, and to be honest the boat will be kept inside most of the time but yeah it will have to be repolished every winter. Won't be a problem unless I keep buying boats to redo. I originally planned on selling the one I am working on but I am going to have a hard time selling this boat when it is done. I have 3 boats now I am going have to decide at some point, that or build a pole shed to keep them in.

2. Invisible man

Invisible man Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It doesn't get too cold here in the winter mid 60s to mid 70s all winter long so we work through it so I'll be restoring a couple old Schwinn beach cruisers. Just picked up an old original Springer fork for mine and cleaning wifeys up to shine again. Then we will spend some weekends riding bikes at the beach and of course keep on shooting arrows every Sunday and move mass dirt Monday through Friday.

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I had an old schwinn 5 speed when I was a teenager I rode that bike down to the river to fish a million times. I may have to try to find one of those again, I may ride it more than my road bike.

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well the boat is pretty much prepped to paint the floor I finally decided on colors. The floor will be Packer green and the rest of the colors will be the colors of the Packer throwback uniforms. The upper outside third of the boat will be the goldish tan. The upper part of the boat motor and seat cushions will be navy blue. I am buying the same motor I have on the other boat so it will have some chrome on it as well.

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well I got the paint shot over the weekend, the paint looks different than I expected but I think it captures the retro paint scheme I had in mind. IMG_0031.jpg

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Oops I did it again, damn Craigs list. I have been looking for just the right motor to go on the project boat, I found the motor I wanted only problem a boat and trailer come with the motor. My wife is going to be so impressed that I found another boat.:biggrin:

7. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    well at least now you have enough to build a house boat out of and just live on the water when she kicks you out.

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    With us divorce is out of the question, it is a winner take all who ever dies last.:biggrin:

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I did tell her about the boat, I didn't want her getting overcome with emotion if she saw it as a surprise. But based on her response it was a good thing I didn't put a big bow on it like it was a mother's day gift.:rolleyes:

Jeepwillys likes this.
  10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Holy crap the boat I picked up today sat in a barn for 40 years it is amazing the motor (the reason why I bought the combo) purrs like a kitten. The boat is well preserved got quite a deal.

Jeepwillys likes this.
  11. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So now the question is do you keep that boat original and look for another motor. Or are you still going to take the motor off and use it on your project boat?

12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The motor will come off, I may keep the boat if I do it will have a mid 70's motor on it. The old mercury that is currently on it is perfect for the other boat I am working on.

13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not a bad deal, boat motor and trailer $300

15. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's a great deal! Around here you could take the trailer out and sell that for more then you paid for the whole package.