Winter Project

Discussion in 'DIY Archery & Hunting Projects' started by Garet, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Garet

Garet Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Carpet.jpg Installed the carpet this past weekend. Last thing on the to-do list now is paint.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  2. Garet

Garet Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Kill Shack.jpg Fresh out of paint. Next step is to place it out in the field in the next few days. All in all spent less than $200 total. Most of that was getting used tires and new tubes. I've been fortunate to have been able to use most stuff just laying around the farm. Wagon was given to me by my father-in-law, shot blasted the rust off the rims at work for free, all lumber used was laying around the farm, paint was given to me for free from the land owner who is letting me hunt his ground (all i have to do is take his boy out with me occasionally). All in all I'm really happy with the way it has turned out, I've been able to customize it to my liking. Can't wait to test it out in April on some turkeys.

usmc0317 likes this.
  3. Garet

Garet Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for tuning in and following my winter project! (If anyone out there is even still reading :confused:) I plan to continue to update with more detailed finished product photos and final resting place photos and eventually trophy kill photos out of it (fingers crossed).

4. Garet

Garet Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Inside.JPG Window.JPG

Attached Files:

5. Garet

Garet Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Got crafty yesterday and inserted 4 lexon glass peep windows to be able to see from every coming direction. Then took a black mesh and lined the inside of the blind.

JungleJoe likes this.
  6. Garet

Garet Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wooly Fence Line.JPG Here she stands in her final resting spot on a wooly fence line quarter mile outside of a state park. This weekend I will be brushing her in with branches and shrubs. Turkey seasons only 18 days away. It's go time.

JungleJoe likes this.
  7. Garet

Garet Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Heading out after work for my first turkey hunt of the season and first hunt out of the new blind. Checking trail cams 2 weeks ago and there was a group of 30 birds quarter miles away with 6 or so toms strutting. Hoping for a some good luck and start things off right. If all goes to plan I hope to have some video of the hunt in the coming weeks.