Wind just annoying eh

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by bowmanvinny, Oct 2, 2013.

1. bowmanvinny

bowmanvinny Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I looks at the map and the weather and depending on the wind I pick where I will be hunting and set up shop at my marked trees (i hike a climber in) but, it always feels like the wind just changes on me as soon as I'm sitting 25 feet in the air of course the only thing to do is stay put and pray. so I'm just going to state how I read the maps and take a S.W.A.G. at determining how the wind and thermals work and you guys can help point out what I'm doing wrong.

on flat land the wind will follow the weather forecast like you would think

If hunting in the morning thermals will suck air up starting with the southeast facing hills are the best places to be because a thermals powered by the sun will pull the air up

In the evenings as the air cools the air will start to go down hill and flow into the valleys and follow the background wind.
    so hunting where you know deer are not going be coming from the valley as a good place to be

on clear sky days thermals are in high effect on puffy cloudy days not so much
    the background wind from weather fronts I still take into consideration with respect to how active the thermals will be

Now am not sure on how north facing hills work but I feel its about the same as the south facing hills.