will it matter?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bear bow shooter, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Bear bow shooter

Bear bow shooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i am going to be hunting some prime private deer ground this fall (oaks and thick cover by a bean field)but on the other side of the field they are baiting bears and have 5 or 6 cuming in will this bother the deer? i am excited about this spot, as we have seen some nice bucks in there.

2. ruteger

ruteger Guest

Nope, the bears were in the area before they started baiting them. I think the only time deer would be overly cautious of bear is in the springtime when the deer have fawns and the bear have cubs to feed. I see deer and bear feeding in the same fields and not too far apart from each other. In the fall, I have a big bear who comes into feed on my clover foodplot and the deer come in on the same trail within minutes a lot of the time.

3. NateJR_PABOWHUNTING

NateJR_PABOWHUNTING Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think the bear will hardly bother the deer at all.. As was mentioned the bear pose way more of a threat in the spring when the doe are dropping fawn and the bear are trying to feed their cubs. I have a buddy at work that has a big boar and sow with cubs that are constantly messing with his deer feeder and doesn't seem to effect the deer from visiting that feeder at all.

4. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'd have to agree with he above posts. Don't really think deer are bothered by bear the way they are with coyotes.

5. NateJR_PABOWHUNTING

NateJR_PABOWHUNTING Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This time of year food is way too plentiful when it comes to crops, nuts and berries etc. the bear aren't going to waste the energy looking for fast food like Deer.. The deer know this as well.

6. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I think you will be fine. I don't think the deer will be affected at all.