Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Wild hog hunting

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by oldnotdead, Sep 25, 2023.

1. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I just watched a video on a wild boar invasion across Europe. During the first half I kept saying to myself " why are they not killing and eat them?" Which is the basic name of the video
    Well because they are radioactive! Seriously, because of Chyrnoblol and past nuclear testing. They also found while opening carcasses their internals are a strange blue color...what?! Talk about a poisoned landscape.
    Apparently Europe uses a lot of rat poison that is dyed blue. Well it may kill rats but wild boar feast on it no problem. Then to top it off, they have documented them using tools. Holding sticks in their mouths to assist them in rutting up soil. Hogs not caught in hog traps assisting those trapped in escaping
    Have you ever wondered about what USA hogs are eating out there. Are they prevalent in our US western nuclear testing states? Have you seen them reasoning out escape methods in your traps? Assisting each other?
    It was an interesting watch....
    Oh they also got global warming in there. The hogs turning over soil releases more carbon than a million cars. ...hhhhmmmm

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I do not think typical feral pigs can survive around the test sites in the US. Most of the testing was at the Mercury test facility in the Nevada desert close to where Area 51 is.

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I think that is what I will do in my retirement buy an RV and rent myself out. Baba Yaga will come to kill pigs, every last one on the property. I just need Halle Berry and her dogs to come with.

oldnotdead and Bone Head Hunter like this.
  4. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Interesting in the radioactive hogs tested in Germany but apparently Italy and I think they mentiond France as well. Chyrnoblol fall out?
    Any ways apparently there are a lot of truffles over there, , and they are the source of the concentrated radioactive material.
    Perhaps things to think about if touring and eating in Europe...lol

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Nope not eating wild pig, not interested in hunting them either.I would hunt out of a helicopter with a mounted machine gun though.

oldnotdead likes this.