Why?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Windwalker7, Aug 31, 2018.

1. MSBK1

MSBK1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    While not quite as good as a video... I set my cameras on 3-5 shot burst and 15-20 sec trigger interval. You will get a lot of video like info on that kind of setup. On a given camera set up this way and sitting on a spot for a month I might have say 1500 pictures to go through. I can do this in 15 minutes. If I had that same camera set on video mode I’d have probably 150-200 videos. A third of those videos would have no useful info but I’d still have to watch the whole thing to know that. It will take me 2 or 3 times as long to look through that number videos. Any video I save will take up 20 times more space than a picture. I don’t see batteries as that much of an issue but as others said if you get something inadvertently triggering the camera even a 32G card will be full of nothing in a hurry.

In the end I use video mode very selectively like on scrapes or maybe on certain trails during prerut.

It might be feasible to run 6 cameras on video mode but it really isn’t for 36 or 56 cameras. Most of us just don’t have time to look through a thousand squirrel, possum, bird, twig videos per month to get to any advantage provided by the videos.

2. Ben Pena

Ben Pena Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yes. Pretty amazing indeed. I stopped watching after I started feeling sorry for the deer with the nice soft piano music. LOL.

Great video for the archives.

Ben