Why you should always be nice!!!!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by stikbow26, Oct 13, 2008.

1. stikbow26

stikbow26 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I get to work today and I see the maintence guy who I am friends with, he was headed down to IN. to talk to a friend of his father inlaw who just recently passed away about hunting during thanksgiving. Well he gets down there this weekend and the farmer tells him there are two other guys hunting there with there kids and they have been bring friends without asking and it has been making him mad. Well my buddy goes out to scout the farm and a truck pulls up to him and they ask what he is doing and he replies I am scouting the farm to look for a place to hunt, before he can ask if they are the guys hunting the farm and where they are hunting the guy goes off on him and tells him to get the heck off the farm it is private property. Well my buddy just leaves doesn't want to start any trouble with anybody. On his way home the farmer calls him and tells him the guy went to his house to tell him about some SOB out there scouting on the farm, The farmer ask him if he bothered to ask the guy who gave him permission to be out there and the guy told him know I just kicked him off. Well the farmer perceads to enlightin the guy that that was his friends and he has till the end of the week to remove his stands and his kids stands and there friends stands that they are not welcome there anymore. So long story short always be nice when its not your land!! Walt
    PS. my buddy now does have 400 acres of great hunting land just for a couple weekends of hunting thou!!

2. gplant

gplant Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Glad to hear things worked out for your Buddy!!! It must be true.
    What goes around comes around.:d

3. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    I just had a hunter pull his stands from one of me and my brothers spots and he was
    so nice about it. He said he got tired of all the other people coming out there
    and he was wasting his time. Thanked us for being the only smart ones out there.
    Little did he know this year nobody has been out there except us. I told him he
    is still welcome to use our stands if he decides to hunt there again. He got a new
    40 acres and is pretty fired up about it.
    As the Drury's say Good Things Happen To Good People and I believe that.

4. Greg / MO

Greg / MO Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Glad to hear the jerk got what he deserved! Always makes me wonder why people feel the need to be a ****.

5. stikbow26

stikbow26 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I hear ya you would think some of these guys think they own the land!!:busted: Walt

6. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Amen there brother amen. do onto others........

7. Tribal

Tribal Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice Like to hear that. And it worked out well for your buddy.