Why do you choose the broadhead that you do?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by BB4tw, Aug 9, 2015.

1. seangarchery

seangarchery Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot a dead ringer rampage 2 blade 2 inch. It is durable and well made, the blades are sharp and strong, the mechanism that deploys the blades is reliable and I don't see how it can fail, I can take quartering shots with no problem, and it flies just like my field points without doing extra broadhead tuning, it cuts a huge hole and produces a great blood trail, and if the broad head for some odd reason did not open I still have a cut because it is a hybrid head.

2. parkersdad

parkersdad Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot the slick trick standards. I switched to them last year and shot one decent sized deer. The thing went 60 yards and bled like a stuck pig. I like the Broadhead because it is one piece, steel, and very nice looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. SevenMag

SevenMag Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've been using Montecs for several years. got them on a whim to try out, bought a set of their practice heads, they fly really well for me, stay sharp and have just worked for me and I like that they have a practice head to help with dial in. I'd like to try slick tricks and have had them in my hand many times to buy but just haven't gone thru with it..... yet. LOL

mechanicals have intrigued me for a while, but I lack confidence in them even though many have reported great results, it only takes a couple of failures to shake that confidence. in this area I find KISS to be a good rule which is why I've stuck with fixed blades over the years

4. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot Solid Broadheads....I shoot the 100 grain Legends with both the .5 bleeder blades and the .75 bleeders. Like stated here I chose these heads because of the quality of them...materials used (S30V), how sharp they are and can get, edge retention, durability, and the fact that I can resharpen and reuse for many years to come making them IMO worth every penny. The fly amazing as well!

5. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Confidence and no failure.

G5 T3's or Nap Killzones

6. Oldcarp

Oldcarp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My main focus is elk. So I like the Magnus Buzzcut in 125 grain. They shoot really good for me. There made here in the USA and there warranty is great. I did buy some Magnus Black hornets. They shoot good also. Im going to stick with the buzzcuts for elk this year and try the Black hornets on deer and see what I think. I also bought some rampage three blade 11/2" 100 grain heads. They shoot well and hold up well but I am nervous to try them.

7. ruteger

ruteger Guest

What setup are you using with these heads?

8. LizzidGizzid

LizzidGizzid Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have had 3 good seasons with the T3's, but going to try the killzones this year. comparison from your experience?

9. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot Rage Hypodermic Deep Six Broadheads. I have been shooting Rages too since they first hit the market. They have performed really well for me. I have shot every one of them except for the 3 blade. My favorite of them all is the Hypodermic. I shoot the Easton Injexion Deep Six FMJs. The combination of that arrow and the Deep Six Hypodermics is Awesome!

10. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have shot Rage 2 blade for years and switched last year to the hypodermics. The shock collar is an improvement in my opinion over the original Rage head with the o-ring. You can easily replace blades and they have worked for me without fail. Bear and deer have been no problem for them. Field proven to me is worth more than any advertising/marketing gimmick.

Fixed blade heads I shot slick tricks because they flew out of my bow so well.

11. Hammer1171

Hammer1171 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I made the switch to NAP Killzones this year. This broadhead is the truest flying BH I have used. I've used NAP products for a long time and their quality is second to none. I can't stand the O-ring that other companies use and the NAP system is flawless. In addition to true flight, quality design, engineering, and reasonably priced, they have a big cutting diameter.

12. AWK08

AWK08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Rocket Hammerheads, 2" cut 3 blade, critter slayin, blood pavin machines.
    100% recovery rate, zero blade loss or failures, always a short tracking job, over the last 10 years.

Why..................Helen Keller could follow these blood trails :)

13. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was handed a pack of slick trick magnums about 5 years back. The first deer I killed I shot left (shooter not equipment) and passed through both shoulders. My buddy that helped me track the deer was amazed. He asked me right away what broadhead I was using. Ive turned about 4 other people into loyal slick trick users. They truly do put a "slug hole" in whatever they hit. Until they give me a reason to switch im good