Why Cup Size matters for game cameras

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by SugarCreek, Jun 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrianWI

BrianWI Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Cup size is a technical thing. I have worked with Chinese companies before and I think people misinterpret the language barrier. Think of it as the cone of detection and how much area it covers. The larger the cone (A-F) the bigger the area of detection. The camera must also cover this area to get a picture (if the cones don't match, you can get a trigger and a blank picture). This is what he is trying to describe.

This is not about any specific company, but China is an odd place to do business. You can steal about anything there w/o consequence really. I bought circuit boards and subassemblies from there for many years. Groups break away from companies and take stuff with them. Sometimes customers go as well for various reasons. Sometimes the new company can't cash flow and dies. Quality changes at each manufacturer. It is a rollercoaster ride for sure! The Wild West of business.

2. jake_

jake_ Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  3. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    SugarCreek is right, Bolyguard users wear bigger cup sizes on account of their huge moobs. :tu:

4. SugarCreek

SugarCreek Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  5. jake_

jake_ Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    ^ you should put your camera in front of a telescope and take pictures of outerspace.

6. SugarCreek

Dislikes Received:
    Good idea. See what a "dear" we got from Mars:

CIMG1680_moss.jpg RangeDefs.jpg

Does anybody know what the cup size she has?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  7. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    ^^IT IS BLURRY :poke:^^

8. BrianWI

BrianWI Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    She looks good even blurry. Then again, my eyes aren't what they were 20 years ago (or my standards).

9. BrianWI

BrianWI Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    As for "cup sizes", it is best to choose the area of picture/detection that matches what you are doing, that goes for any camera. My land is so thick, I have very few places a 100 ft detection range would be needed. Instead, I want a fast trigger. As I noted before that is a high priority for me. I posted the video setting up my Primos cam (1.2 secs like a MP6) and in that location, a slower cam would miss a lot. I should put the Bushnell there, but it is taking vids over a Lucky 7 site (although probably has dead batteries since I have been unable to check it). The Browning would do well there, too. Both those cams are twice as fast at .6-.7 secs.

10. jake_

jake_ Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I can't take this nonsense anymore I am out.
    :throw:

11. BrianWI

BrianWI Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am not fond of the attacks either. I also don't get why it is allowed in certain directions and not others. I have decided that I will instead just plow ahead trying to discuss reality.

I get the whole cup size thing. It is a valid concept. If you want 100ft range, you should probably try one of the Boly cams. I've seen pictures from both, they look pretty similar to me, as they did to the review sites. I personally don't own either.

12. Fuzz_27

Fuzz_27 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Truthfully like it was already stated if you get a detection area of a 100ft out your gonna have to get a bunch of pictures of nothin but wind moving grass,brush, trees anything.

An you know if ya got some different cams (not gonna be a name dropper :) ) you wouldn't have to worry bout dead batteries hahahaha

No one is attacking anyone here bro, it's a forum. Obviously no one wants to buy a cam of this guy but yet still insist on posting about em. To me, it's just sketchy an if someone gets screwed over on here I'd feel terrible.

I'm droppin it there.....

13. SugarCreek

Dislikes Received:
    Our 1% return rate on new models and 40% market share in Europe this year speak more loudly than a few pictures that can be faked out. We are waiting for our major customers to publish their own user reviews, rather than depending on paid advertising or post services.

14. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    But if you are going to come on to public forums in the United States and advertise and talk about how great your product is then be prepared to back up your talk with action. Failure to do so and even attempts to defame other company's products in the process only makes me remember the name of your company for one reason....never to ever buy!

15. BrianWI

BrianWI Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I will say this: Chinese companies often do not understand how business is done in the U.S.

100 ft range does NOT mean you have to have more false alarms. I have worked with PIR and sonar and other forms of ranging and detection. With good design, you can do it. However, I of course have no idea what any of these cam designs are like, but the claim is certainly possible and something I would expect was a design goal.

16. SugarCreek

Dislikes Received:
    First of all, we are not defaming other vendors. We are telling truths about our products (like the detection range, the return rate of new models). Since they are facts today, not the "would-be" projection, why any action is needed?

Yes, longer detection does not mean higher false alarming rate. Like fast driving does not mean more accident. Airplanes are way faster than card driving, but airplane accident rate is far lower than cars.

You could have higher false alarming rate if you are using the same old technology and trying to boost things up by
    increasing the amplification. But if newer and better technologies are used, you can have longer detection without higher
    false alarming rate. In addition, Long Range cameras still allow you to adjust sensitivity in three levels, High, Normal, and Low.

Just look at how digital cameras improve low light sensing in the past 10 years. The same way PIR sensing can be improved. And those who don't have the technology catchup will be left in the dust.

17. SugarCreek

Dislikes Received:
    First of all, we are not defaming other vendors. We are telling truths about our products (like the detection range, the return rate of new models). Since they are facts today, not the "would-be" projection, why any action is needed?

Yes, longer detection does not mean higher false alarming rate. Like fast driving does not mean more accident. Airplanes are way faster than car driving, but airplane accident rate is far lower than cars.

You could have higher false alarming rate if you are using the same old technology and trying to boost things up by
    increasing the amplification. But if newer and better technologies are used, you can have longer detection without higher
    false alarming rate. In addition, Long Range cameras still allow you to adjust sensitivity in three levels, High, Normal, and Low.

Just look at how digital cameras improve low light sensing in the past 10 years. The same way PIR sensing can be improved. And those who don't have the technology catchup will be left in the dust.

18. Killkenny

Killkenny Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have 3 SG550's that were bought in 2009 that have preformed flawless so far. I have 2 Bushnell 436 that both work well after getting them replaced under the great 2 year warranty that Bushnell has for replacements for the terrible 2010 Bushnell cameras..(Bushnell I feel has the best warranty on the market) I have 2 Covert MP6 cams bought last year that have been great. One was replaced because of getting moisture inside because of a leaking seal.. I have a couple WildGame X6 cameras that both had problems that were replaced under warranty , that now work fine. My Spypoint FLA had problem right out of the package that was replaced and now works fairly well. Out of all my cameras. the 3 Scoutgard and the one MP 6 are the only ones that have not been replaced because problems. I have never had any major customer service problem from any game camera company. I do have to say not ever having to use Scoutgards customer service is a plus..

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  19. SugarCreek

Dislikes Received:
    Now that's called a user feedback.

Since there are always returns, therefore there are always good experiences and bad experiences.
    What really matters is the return rate -- which determines how often people get bad products.

Some big customers informed us that the industry average of return rate is 20%, while 2012 we have only 3%, and 2013 it is expected to be lower than 1%.

20. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You just don't get what we are saying. I don't remember anyone writing that you have a bad product and I am glad Killkenny has had good luck with your cameras, no one likes when their camera doesn't work. We just don't like when you come on here and claim that you have the best cameras without backing it up, and if you haven't figured it out yet let me spell it out for you, you writing a bunch of stuff and cup this and cup that without posting pics doesn't prove anything to us. So I know you say posting pics is not in your marketing plan but maybe just maybe after everyone asking you too you should look at posting pictures, and your pictures not a bunch of customers pics that look like they come from a zoo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.