Who's about to start their first year?

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by Bowguy, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Eddy G

Eddy G Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I had a bow 20 to 25 years ago...Oneida screaming eagle?...I never did much with it and sold it at some point or another.
    Gave up hunting around that time (early 90's)....Recently purchased some land in New Hampshire and thought archery would be something my family could all enjoy when they're up there...
    I picked up a Bear Cruzer, mostly for its versatility and adjustability. I tried a few Bowes out and really liked a few PSE's but honestly the Bear felt really nice to my untrained self and for the price and all it looks like a bow my whole family could use (set up for them of course)...
    Im planning on setting up a small 3D course, 4 to 6 targets for practice and then trying some stand hunting in the fall.
    Our cabin sits on the back side of 5 achers mostly surrounded by water and heavily wooded for the most part..No homes around so I'm guessing we'd be okay but might ask around for an opinion or two ...

2. doublea17

doublea17 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Did some bow hunting back in HS 20+ years ago a Martin Lynx. Went to college and then life and work got in the way so stopped hunting/shooting. Got life under control and want to start bow hunting again bought a bow last month and shoot 3 times a week for an hour each time(getting old, shoulder cant take more then 3 times a week). Can't wait till Deer season starts. Up to 30 yards is what I feel comfortable shooting so hopefully a deer comes in that range.

3. TriPPiNvdUb

TriPPiNvdUb Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Gearing up for my first bow season in Alberta, where we re truly spoiled... Hoping to tag along with some friends this spring on a bear hunt just to acquire some experience before deer and elk season starts in September. So until then, you will find me at the range practicing my shot...

CHEERS!

w33kender likes this.
  4. Alan Mcfadden

Alan Mcfadden Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I got a bow I want to hunt deer with....i need to take it to an archery shop to check out adjustments etc...im thinking of going to get a second season shotgun tag and try my luck next week.Not sure what I'm doing but I'm gonna give it a shot...a guy I now brought 1 bow tag (only season) he hunts he shot a deer took it home and processed it and gave it al to me....It shocked me he done it

Sent from my SM-T827R4 using Tapatalk

5. Reigning Arrows

Reigning Arrows Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be gearing up for my first in mid summer. Right now I'm spending what spare time I have in the woods seeing where the deer are.
    Can't wait!

6. jacobs117

jacobs117 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    This will be my first year. I traded a rifle for my bow in January and have been shooting it almost daily. I have definitely found my new obsession.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

w33kender likes this.
  7. jking1971

jking1971 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    This upcoming season will be my first with sticks n strings. Just brought home the new bow today after work. Should have plenty of time to up to speed considering I have a 2 acre yard.

w33kender likes this.
  8. Lars Sommer

Lars Sommer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    This will be my first year with a bow (deer), using rifle for elk. Last year was my first year hunting at all, with rifle, and did not get anything. Hunting in Western Washington. Finding public land is tough!

w33kender likes this.
  9. Bassindago

Bassindago Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Last year was my first year hunting with a gun. This is gonna be my first with a bow. Come on Oct 15

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

w33kender likes this.
  10. Anthony7994

Anthony7994 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've never hunted big game (only birds) or been bowhunting. Bought a bow last fall and I'm hooked. This coming late summer/early fall I'll be hunting for mule deer in northern Arizona. Very excited. The scouting alone has been an awesome experience!

w33kender likes this.
  11. Lars Sommer

Lars Sommer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I really enjoy the scouting as well, all my hiking time has now been dedicated to scouting time, and it's so much more peaceful since nobody hikes hunting spots! I bet Arizona has some stunning landscape as well.