Who uses corn?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Lester, May 21, 2012.

1. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just wondering how many use corn to either hunt over or in front of their trail cameras to get pictures?

Make a comment here and let me know if you want to be part of a contest to get a bottle of Monster Raxx Whitetail Magnet and Apple Harvest to test in front of your camera. The only thing I ask is you post the pics and the results. I will choose a few people on tuesday May 29th.

2. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I use corn for nearly all my cams. The downside to it is it really attracts the coons. Sometimes they stay around long enough to completely fill the card. I set out the Monster Raxx that you sent me last week along side some Deer Cain. I'm anxious to see the results from that.

Blessings........Pastorjim

3. Meathunter

Meathunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use corn quite a bit for cams and hunting over. would love to try something new, corn is EXPENSIVE!

4. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use it but we can't hunt over it here.

5. xtreme16

xtreme16 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I also use corn on some of my trail cams. I would also love to try something new!

6. Arkansas countryboy

Arkansas countryboy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I like to use it in the winter to take inventory of all the deer that made it through the gun seasons. I would love to try something new!

7. The Amatuer

The Amatuer Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Against the law here in Virginia to hunt over or to attract deer or any animal during the hunting season. Still isn't using scent attractants the same thing as using corn or any other item if it can be ingested?

8. grs00

grs00 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use corn in front of my camera. As someone said the downside is all the Squirrell and racoon pics, seems they do not leave until all the feed is gone. in the fall i use a scrape dripper.

9. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It is not illegal in every state to use corn. Just want to know who would be interested in using our attractant on corn for a test.

10. Itswhatwedooutdoors6

Itswhatwedooutdoors6 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I also use corn during the summer months to get pics. I would LOVE to be able to try some of you products!!!

11. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have tried corn in the past to get deer using a new mineral site along with peanut butter but the raccoon would take over the sites like a bunch of bullies.

I do have 600+ ac of corn planted this year does that count? makes me miss the soybeans of last year but should be a great late season.Some of my best stand site are on the far side of the corn jungle so a mile walk to a stand is going to suck....:jaw:

I do have some of your apple spray on a mineral site (monster raxx)setup in the woods that is getting hammered so i put two cams over it so i would not miss a thing and by over it one is 13 foot up and the other is 9' all i got to do is stay out for a month or so.

By the way my mineral sites that are in the thick brush/woods vs. on the field edges or open area's get hit something like 5-1
    on the 6 sites i have going right now.

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  12. CMTRAV

CMTRAV Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Monster Raxx has been out for little less than a month checked card on Friday had 95 pictures. Refreshed sight and will check again this weekend. Currently using a bag of Monster Raxx every 1-3 weeks.

Will switch to corn in July, would love to try Monster Raxx Whitetail Magnet and Apple Harvest.

13. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use it but mostly for hogs. The deer may stop by for scraps but the coons and squirrels get most of it.
    Trying to create a deer only type feeder if anyone has any ideas.

14. HuntingBry

HuntingBry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've used corn for years and while I get a ton of pictures I have to put more out every 2 weeks which is more activity than I would like. Not to mention the expense. I've tried minerals in the past, but they don't seem to have the same attraction as corn. If I could find an attractant that got down into the ground like minerals so there is staying power resulting in fewer trips to refresh the site, yet had similar attraction as corn that would be ideal. I've yet to find something that works, so if you think Monster Raxx products would live up to that challenge I would give it a fair shot and provide honest feedback.

If it performs well we could do a write-up on our site as well. Let me know.

15. INbowhunter

INbowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have used corn in the past and it performs very well. Although I have not had the chance to test any minerals by my trail cams, I am definitely willing to try new products.

16. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use corn to help inventory deer w. my trail cameras. We can't hunt over it, but I do think it helps ingrain habits in the deer to come to certain areas to check.

I'd like a chance to try out your products.

17. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use corn, and want in on the contest, thanks!

18. Lastoneout

Lastoneout Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'll give it a try if selected Tom

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

19. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I usually start using corn in late sept. to draw deer into areas before dark, and then not again until later Dec. when it gets cold!

20. haws

haws Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I really wish it were illegal here to hunt over...I think for your camera is fine, but the gun hunters in a box stand, drinking coffee and peeing out the back door, popin a deer at 300 yards down a pipeline right of way that is painted with corn, then bragging about their hunting skills is getting old. But as long as it's legal i wont say a word to em... its there right to "hunt" how they want.