Who Smokes while on the stand?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Southernboy, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Southernboy

Southernboy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    A buddy of mine smokes Swisher Sweets Perfectos the whole time he is in the tree.....

He's a gun hunter but hunts in the woods and not over food plots....and kills all he can eat.....

I tell him he's nuts and he tells me I'm a sissy....LOL

What do you guys think ?

SB

2. babyburb

babyburb Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Im not a smoker but I remember a hunt with my uncle. I was just getting started in bowhunting so I was oblivious. I told him I had been seeing several deer going through a certain area but I could not get a shot off from the stand. He decided to hunt directly behind my tree!

Within 15 minutes he lit up, ended up smoking the entire evening along with popping the tops of several Dp's! About an hour before dark, 3 doe walk right up behind him. I hear them coming up so I peak around the tree and she is standing 3 ft, not 3 yrds, but ft and he has one lit up in his hands! He tried to turn to see them and they busted. That was a great experience.

3. MNKK

MNKK Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    i did smoke on the stand one time. Didn't see anything the whole day. It was cold, rainy, and windy as all heck. I have no idea why I was still there. Then I got serious about hunting, and started taking everything that I did not absolutly need out of my pack.

4. bowtech cooter

bowtech cooter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I only smoke if I am high up or the wind is good. Its hard to sit in the stand without smoking and I have seen deer while in my stand with a smoke.

5. isaiah

isaiah Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    my dad smoked like a bandit all the time when i was younger hunting!!!!!!!!! i had to sit on the ground below him and was pissed! couldnt wait till i was 13 and i could go off on my own out of the smell. still got in my clothes from home. now i make him put all his clothes in a bin when he comes to my house!!!!!!haaaa

6. RICHIE MUSIC

RICHIE MUSIC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I SMOKE DURING MY HUNTS AND I STILL CONSISTENTLY KILL MATURE BUCKS.

7. Hogwire

Hogwire Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't smoke but I have a friend that swears he flipped his ashes onto a does back under his ladderstand! I don't believe everything I hear but did give him the benefit of the doubt. Most people that smoke do so while hunting. I used to smoke but didn't while on stand, didn't want to stank up my area! Now that I've been off them since 1982 they are the worst smelling thing in the world, well nearly anyway. Used to use Skoal and Timberwolf would take a bottle with a cap with me. I heard of a guy one time that would build a campfire and stand in the smoke for a while, he filmed grizzlies! Up close! Don't know if I would like that or not, would keep thinkin about how much I like smoked meat! LOL! lp

8. isaiah

isaiah Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    bowhunting??? wow!!! then what the heck am i wasting my $$$$$$ on earth scent for????????:confused:

9. madhunter

madhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    SMOKING KILLS, and I don't mean deer, however this did happen.

My brother smokes and a few years back he and i were hunting a farm in Wisconsin. He was going through a rough divorce and smoking more than usual. Normally he wouldn't smoke on the stand but he did. As he was putting one out on the bottom of his boot he was able to see behind him, and a buck was coming. He let him get past, when the deer got wind and turned away, giving Kris a broadside shot, and the deer went down withing sight.

Again SMOKING KILLS.