Who here gets the virus first?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So the Clorox thing is the part of the news today...???? What a moment. Sorry, but this getting tiresome. I just got off the phone with my mom, 70 yo and on an immunity suppressor for a rare condition. She is stir crazy, scared and worried that she won't eat in a restaurant for a year or ever. This is in rural Western NC. I can get out and about for the most part, taking precautions, trying to stay away from folks, all while taking it for granted every day. And all the news can talk about is some twisting of words. GTFO. Even if you hate the President, media et. all, fine. However, I can care less about anyone's feelings on the effing president at this moment. Criticism is fair when that criticism is fair and he is not above reproach. But the short lived little celebrated moments of disingenuous gotchas are just dumb. Hope you all stay safe. Out.

GregH and dnoodles like this.
  2. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Doesn't look like too much fun to me

a-surprised-old-man-with-a-walker-and-golf-course-putting-green-background_1200x1200.jpg

3. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Something definitely going wrong in my county now. 34 yesterday to 47 today.

Looks like I'm living off the freezer next 30 days.

Would love a bit of backstory on the contact tracing on this recent uptick. Guessing it's going to be linked to a common source somewhere along the line.

FB_IMG_1587763653267.jpg

4. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They opened up golf here too. One person per cart unless its a spouse. So there will be just as many ppl but more carts.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  6. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Taking son to mow a few lawns out by the lake, the boys are fishing here in Michigan. Talked to a guy at a gas station filling the cans gas for my son, stated he was out at 11:30 and had his limit.

virginiashadow likes this.
  7. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    He answered a few earlier today, wasn't going to give the pleasure of continued qiestions on it today. Probably a smart move on his part not to do a Q&A.

8. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Any old age homes or rehab facilities in the area? A few near us became pretty big deal quickly.

9. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well I've got it now (not really), but made first trip to Walmart today since lockdown started provably. Jesus what a crap show. I like how they got everything laid out and can only go one way for space bit omce the shoopong os done everyone is still crammed up trying to leave because they still only open about 3 lanes for checkout.

Did get a dirty look from some lady tho because i went wrong way down isle about 5 foot because what i needed was right there. She really got in a twitter when i said "oh excuse me," and then pretended to cough haha. Messing with ppl is so much fun.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

10. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    There are, but no big news on them.

Was said that a Lowes employee had tested positive but I have nit heard anything more on that. It was last weekend and "his wife" said that he was told to be positive and his result would be available Monday.

I don't know the validity if it though.

Hell, maybe people fleeing Chicago due to the high numbers have caused it. Maybe it was just bound to happen with 125,000+ county wide.

11. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Could also be linked to the pork processing plant in Cass county as well, well within commuting distance and their numbers are increasing in a similar fashion.

12. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You are correct, about 4 miles from me

Screenshot_20200424-180955_Chrome.jpg

13. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So 26 of the 47 are from the Villa care center. 8 staff members and 18 residents

14. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  15. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    does it say how many are actually symptomatic?

16. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe we can strike a trade... homemade pizza... 20200424_194443.jpeg

17. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

Following a round of testing, 12 new cases of COVID-19 were confirmed at The Villas Senior Care Community’s nursing home facility in Sherman, the Sangamon County Department of Public Health said Friday.

The new cases include two staff members ― a woman in her 30s and another in her 50s ― and 10 more residents. The newly identified residents with the virus include three women in their 70s, four women and one man in their 80s, one woman in her 90s and another in her 100s.

Nine of the newly identified residents were hospitalized ― six at HSHS St. John’s Hospital and three at Memorial Medical Center.

The outbreak of coronavirus at the facility, reported earlier this week, now includes 26 cases ― 18 residents and eight staff members. Two of the residents ― a man in his 70s and a man in his 90s, have died.

“With the increased ability to test, we should be prepared to see an increase in positive results,” said Gail O’Neill, director of the county public health department. “We are working closely with The Villas staff and IDPH (the Illinois Department of Public Health) to ensure testing kits for staff and residents, access to PPE (personal protective equipment), and that all recommendations and guidelines are being followed by the facility.”

Melissa Beaver, vice president of community relations and marketing for Heritage Operation Group, which manages The Villas, has said the complex is abiding by all Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, IDPH and Sangamon County public health protocols. It put visitor restrictions in place March 10, before required by the state, she said.

The outbreak is at The Villas East, which is the nursing home area and separate from the independent living and sheltered care Villas facilities in the Sherman complex.

In addition to the dozen new cases at The Villas, another two positive COVID-19 cases were reported in Sangamon County, bringing the total to 87, with six deaths. Those two newly identified people are a woman in her 50s and a man in his 30s, county spokesman Jeff Wilhite said. They were not hospitalized.

The county also reported 34 people have recovered.

Cass County health officials Friday reported seven new cases there, bringing the total to 18. The new cases included a man in his 30s who was hospitalized in stable condition. The other six people were isolated at home and include a female in her teens, a man and woman in their 30s, a man and woman in their 40s, and a man in his 50s.

In Morgan County, there remained 14 cases with one death.

The Christian-Montgomery County Emergency Management Agency reported an additional case in Montgomery County, to 23, with one death. Christian County’s numbers remained unchanged from the previous day, with 26 positive cases and four deaths.

18. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    And NY State is at a .5 mortality if the antibody tests hold true ...

19. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Went to Bass Pro today to get a new rod, jig heads, twister tails(time for White Bass) .. had to go to Meijers to get the neoprene waders I wanted, Bass Pro didnt have squat .. my life continues on as normal .... back to work as usual on Sunday ... no changes there either 'cept for the hand sanitizer use and hand washing ... btw, NO ONE in Bass Pro were wearing 'masks' ... many in Meijer's were wearing the things (many sheeple there)... did spend some time on Lancaster to order new release, a Stan Perfex Resistance/large ..... cant wait to try it ... my draw Turkey hunt is also in one week .. life continues on / work, run, fish, hunt, eat, sleep, get ready for deer season .... ....

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  20. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I love credit cards. I rape them in cash back points and all the other perks. it’s like free money

oldnotdead, ash d and dnoodles like this.