Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Who here gets the virus first?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Mar 12, 2020.

1. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yes. You have to take two pics of your own dead body while laying with a bow for the entry to count.

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well the post was generated to speculate how long it would take before one of us was stricken by this virus that the media was hyping, still has not happened.

3. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You may be immune, you may be the key to save the world!!!

4. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  5. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You're missing the point, just he's not bad. It shows what Trump is, he's a salesman. He'll try and sell a better situation than it really is, it's how he works. You guys go right to "you hate trump", "orange man bad lines because you have nothing else. I am a firm believer we can't really fix a problem until you know what the entire problem is. When he gets up there and basically lies and tries to make our situation look better than it actually is, that's why we have the issues we have today. This is why we have people protesting, this is why we still have people not fully understand what the actual situation and dangers are today. Trump from the start has tried to sell his view of what is happening and still does to this day.

Stating to the President please don't lie about crucial items like testing in this pandemic. It does not make you a hater, does not make trump bad. It's folks like me wanting this over so we can get back to our lives. The more he lies and tries to sell his view of the situation, which is all is wonderful, the longer I fear will be in it.

6. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    By the same token is it fair for the media to lie and fear monger only later to post stories about studies showing mortality rate may be way lower than first thought?

The reason people are starting to protest is because they are running out of money, watxhing cases in their are stay at low to nearly zero cases all the while they are being stripped of their freedoms.

Then you hear how numbers are being inflated, assumptions are being tallied as matter of facts.

Do you really think all of our elected officials, when they show up for work, are wearing masks and social distancing behind closed doors?

Haven't been on CNN site yet this morning, but I can guarantee you there is no less than 10 doom and gloom headlines and no less than 5 Trump negatives.

jonderrs7 likes this.
  7. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Again not the point we are talking about President, the defense of his actions is the same as 2nd graders on the playground. Billy did it also Mrs. Smith.

There is a reason numbers are low, it's because we are most of us are at home.

Here is a message from my friend a Doctor and Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit

"They have closed the Covid unit I was working on, due to a decrease in cases, which is excellent."

Also it's okay to state we still don't have enough testing because we don't and that's what we need to get back right now.

8. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ha! That's the answer right there. We have been putting the hand sanitizer on the wrong side of our body! Lol. Before you posted that I was trying to come up with a joke that had to do with the whiskey you drink must have the cure in it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

dnoodles likes this.
  9. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The point is, it doesn't matter what Trump does, the media and anti-Trumper's are going to do the exact opposite.

He's shutting down immigration temporarily with numerous exemptions, but he's still wrong.

He closed travel from China regardless if you feel it did or did not help, he was racist and it was not needed.

He then closed it to Italy and other rising hot spots, again he was chastised.

He then closed it to the UK.

He closed the Candian border and Mexico armed their side of the southern border. Yet Trump was overstepping and over reacting each time.

They need to just get to what they really want to say.

Trump killed more than 45 thousand people.

Just get it over with already

10. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    He's lying that's what this is about, don't you get that, he's constantly lying and making this worst. It's not his actions it's his lying. Same as media lying and making this worse.

11. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So he's lieing, I don't see where that is killing more people. All politicians lie, most do it just as blatantly.

He's heeding expert advice and walks back when he must.

I'll change it up, what do you want him to say? What would it take him to say for Germ to say, finally!

They're ramping up testing every day.

What happens when testing is sufficient for you to be happy? What talking point do you jump to next?

You ssid you thought he was right about hydroxychloroquine, you said you thought he was correct about opening the economy up by Easter.

12. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That's it

"We're ramping up testing every day, but we are not where we need to be, but we are going to get there."

My god that was tough, I think by May 1st he's correct we have to start opening-up some parts. My god, he lies about the dumbest stuff.

13. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Why not open it up on May 17th? Or June 3rd and 2/3rds?

14. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Getting back to this for a second.

You think he should keep the whole state locked down for another 30-45 days?

This is what most of thr protests are about across the country.

Screenshot_20200423-104328_Chrome.jpg

15. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  16. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Remdesivir flops in trials. Gilead stock drops...

17. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  18. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    How long before Pocahontas blames Trump for her brother

jonderrs7 and ash d like this.
  19. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    And they differ from the family of the other 46,971 how?

I'm sure any of us can find a tear jerker out there to support our stance, whatever it may be. No single life is more important than another.

As sad as that is, and the 46,972 US total, it still does not change the flaws on many levels of this whole ordeal.

20. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Actually its 48300 deaths.
    The issue with tossing the " chest thumping, its a low" death around is that its been done from a dismissive standpoint. And quite frankly it does nothing but prove what a callus ass someone is.

The truth is we have no idea what the current death rate is nor will we untill this almost all said and done. Depending on where you want to cherry pick your studies you can find everything from less then a .0001 to 5%.

But by all means run with it if its suits your narrative

Germ likes this.