Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Who here gets the virus first?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Mar 12, 2020.

1. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Wow I remember a guy in the 1940's that had a similar idea as this social engineering...wait I believe China has been practicing that for many many years...hhmmmm

2. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Of course your not, some where along the line the notion was born that a comparison somehow implied that the two variables where equivalent or must be nearly so to draw any meaningful conclusions. It depends on the questions being asked and the metrics being used.

3. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Forgot to mention this on Friday. Went to the liquor store for my weekly beer... A guy was walking around the store with a full snowmobile helmet on. Visor closed and all.

Crazy crazy times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ash d, oldnotdead and virginiashadow like this.
  5. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, it will and can I give heart disease to another person and get them killed or sick? I do love reading how folks try and justify what is happening.

If I have heart disease and don't take precautions and die, first my wife stated she's buying two Cameros, second it's all on me. I made the choice and I suffer the consequences. Now if I go out and get COVID and then head out the grocery store and get a bunch of people sick and someone dies, is that on them? If they don't have health insurance and just need an ICU bed they could ruin themselves financially.

One thing I have learned threw this is at least 50% of this country regardless of "leaning", is worthless.

I have to go help my dad, do you how many families are at Krogers just walking around, Krogers has one-way aisle, guess how many can't follow direction lines.

I told my wife we have 5 years until my son goes to college, his money is taken care of, he's set. The day I move him in is the day I put this house for sale and then buy my cottage and Class-C motorhome and say **** it.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    virginiashadow likes this.
  6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    People are crazy the virus has made it obvious, truth being told I have been waiting for an excuse to isolate.

7. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I went out to a large state forest today. What the hell is wrong with this country? Serious. 20200419_173242.jpg

8. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Start planning to test in Jan and test on a large scale in Feb.

We know in April we got moving with testing, we were a month late.

The good news is, the site is up and running and now has these locations that Trump talked about March 15th. Now he lied his ass off about it, but hey it's a terrific idea and happy to see this up and running. Needed this in Feb, not April.

https://www.projectbaseline.com/study/covid-19/#who-s-eligible-to-get-screened-for-covid-19-testing

California: Sacramento, San Jose, San Mateo, Stockton, Lake Elsinore, Sherman Oaks, Long Beach, and Salida

Michigan: Eaton Rapids, Macomb, Swartz Creek

New Jersey: Barrington, Waldwick

New York: New Hartford, Valley Cottage

Ohio: Holland, Parma

Pennsylvania: Philadelphia, Harrisburg, Monroeville, York

9. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Guessing I'm falling into your trap again, you sneaky sneak you.

Where were the Democrats in January and February?

Where were you on this in January and February?

My guess is trying to figure out how to impeach Trump.

Do you honestly think Democrats back in January or early February would have given Trump money for something that wasn't an issue at the time? And that fact was stated by many on the current CV task force, Democrat leaders and mainstream media oulets.

How long do you think it would take to produce, swab and process 2.4 billions swabs? Seriously 2.4 billion, with a b, swabs.

That is the only way you are going to achieve the unrealistic goal the Democrats are demanding.

For everyone to get a test if wanted serves no purpose. For what they want to work it would take 2.4 billion swabs.

That would be 1 swab for every person legally in the country, to be tested 7 consecutive days. It would also require that every person in this country not come into contact with anyone or anything that could have contamination within that 7 day period.

It's impossible to do.

Where's your outrage with Democrats so hellbent on an impeachment that was never going to happen, and they knew it, that the early warnings sent out by your Dr. Osterholm were not heard by anyone?

Hell, where were all of the Governors back in January and early February. My guess is probably listening to the WHO, Fauci, the CDC and mainstream media outlets saying how this is not a concern for the mainlamd US.

But, in your infinite wisdom Trump is the only one that failed in this.

I'd love to bring up your majesty Obama again, but that was probably your secondary trap :lol:

jrk_indle84 likes this.
  10. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I’m sorry, but I don’t think that is realistic. As I said before, up until feb 27-28th people left right and center were not concerned. Doctors, leftists, and the even the President alike believed this would not have an impact on us. Again, they were clearly, and woefully wrong. None of them are magic genies, Trump included. And I don’t think it’s fair to be a Monday morning quarterback and say that they should have prepped for a novel global pandemic in January.

Edit: on the other hand, I do not understand how we let China pull the wool over our eyes for 3+ months. Somebody needs to be held accountable for that failure. I feel it is more realistic to say we could have had much better intelligence on the ground in china earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    dnoodles likes this.
  11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am considered essential I go to work and can go fishing and buy live bait life is good today.

MnHunterr likes this.
  12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Litter bugs are a-holes

dnoodles and virginiashadow like this.
  13. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Set up a trail cam. The public land I like to hunt is trashed like that. People suck!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Sota likes this.
  14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    People do suck.

15. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    In January, the dems were trying to impeach Trump, in Feb. Pelosi was telling everyone to go to China town and have fun, eat and be merry in response to Trump shutting down entry from China ... "On Jan. 24, de Blasio said New Yorkers should "continue living as you have"; on Feb. 14 he said, "this should not stop you from going about your life ... from going out to Chinatown and going out to eat"; and on March 13, he reiterated "we wanted people to go on about their lives." (Foxnews) ..... many in the Fake news media was echoing the same sentiments ....

16. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Trump had not told them what to do, they listened to Trump intently and when he was silent they felt safe. They have always trusted Trump and took him for his word on everything..... they have no self accountability because Trump did not take the lead.

It took the threat of a lawsuit for Cuomo to close schools

17. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That is just asking for somebody to pull a double bounce over the safety net around-the-world slam dunk.

virginiashadow likes this.
  18. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    At least we aren’t dealing with dysentery - that **** killed my entire family at least a dozen times back in the 90’s.....
    upload_2020-4-19_22-2-28.png

cantexian, ash d, Okiebob and 5 others like this.
  19. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    90s?

20. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Hi. We are stupid.

Screenshot_20200419-223330_Chrome.jpg

arrowflinger1 likes this.