Who here gets the virus first?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Mar 12, 2020.

1. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hazard Pay money. It was an additional $3 an hour to any employee under $20 an hour. They could be given up to x amount (I don't recall all the guidelines now). Employers had to apply for it if they fell in the right category.

I applied for my company and us, along with every other EMS agency in the state got denied.

2. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well I got the eye poke this morning.. Don't think I got it, but I have bronchitis. Doc was adamant that I get the long test. So damn I'm gonna be off and probably have to use hunting vacation time. At least a day...

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
  3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My neighbor 4 doors down works for MN DOT has been working remote since the covid began. He is being forced to be vaccinated. How stupid is that the guy is working remote?

4. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    because it's not about logic, it's only about control.

oldnotdead likes this.
  5. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    How does the mandate for businesses work? If i am forced to get the shot or be fired do i get paid time off to get the shot and paid time off if the shot makes me sick. Because if so i am waiting till last minute and you better believe that shot is going to make me sicker than hell. Maybe for a month

virginiashadow and 0317 like this.
  6. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    Just because I am HR and currently going through this. I think it'll be up to your company. I have not seen any updated information. Before we were giving COVID pay tax credit option. Meaning employee could get paid up to 40 hours a week (80 max at like $5700 max) - then the company would get a tax credit for the quarter. That however ended January 1st.

virginiashadow likes this.
  7. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Our family has been deaing with feels like a typical head cold all weekend. No fevers, still have our sense of smell and taste, so I doubt it is COVID. But, her parents are old and in terrible health so she wants to be sure. Its the first time either of us have been sick since all this started.

I am almost over it and would have gone to work today if she wasn’t wanting to get tested. If this is COVID, as I have thought all along, for us, it is not a big deal and definitely does not warrant vaccination. I have had hangovers that made me feel way worse.

Which really makes me pissed off at the latest Biden attempt to force hospitals to make vaccination mandatory for employees; threatening to withhold medicare and medicaid payments for all health problems from hospitals that do not require employee vaccinations. That fool is going to kill healthcare in this country.

The med school I work at announced Thursday that they will have to make vaccines mandatory in order to stay financially viable. At least I have the day off to start a job search.

8. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    We just got word from our medical command that NY has adopted the mandation in EMS (at least). He told us PA will soon be following. This is due to us accepting federal money.

I feel like crying as I truly do not want the vaccination. I soon will have the "you have to get the vaccination" or walk away from a $60k job.

9. Hotrod9

Hotrod9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    People today are living longer than ever because of medical advances and technology. We are now willingly putting a significant strain on our healthcare systems by forcing employees to make a choice, sure most will get the vaccination to keep their jobs but a good number will choose not to. Our society is willingly putting ourselves into an easily avoidable situation that shorten life expectancies significantly. Something that today's society is unwilling to accept, everyone will die... it's a fact of life. The #1 cause of death is life. We are going to see death in the next 20 years like we have never seen before, and it has nothing to do with covid directly. The Baby Boomer generation simply has more people and our healthcare system is by self-infliction getting smaller.

My suggestion to anyone considering a career change. Get into the business of death (not killing people) because business is about to start booming. Pun mildly intended.

oldnotdead and Sota like this.
  10. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    Made a zoom appointment with my PCP - will see what he has to say about my concerns.

oldnotdead likes this.
  11. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Got a negatory oñ the eye poke... Had burn a day of vacation but that's ok... Got the lawn work done...

12. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    I've got a Nov. 8 mandate.
    Coincidentally, I will be in a treestand somewhere without reception. Eat a ****, mandate.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2021
  13. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    I got my first ever dislike today, I feel honored lol.

Sent out a memo to employees of the soon to be upcoming mandation. Already going to lose a portion of employees, just from the responses I got.

This is not what we need. Or I need.

virginiashadow and oldnotdead like this.
  14. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I love my dislikes more than anything
    In Venatione Veritas

Sota likes this.
  15. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    Well, my wife tested positive. So I guess I will test positive when I go tomorrow. She is feeing worse than me. I already feel about over it and was planning on working today. Hopefully, she won’t get much worse and this will be over quickly.

16. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    prayers, buddy.
    But did you guys have the shots?

17. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    No, and my MIL is having a full on meltdown demanding that she come over so I can take my wife to the ER. My wife has stated repeatedly that she does not need to go and if she decides to, can drive herself at this point so I can stay home with the kids. My wife and I have both hung up on the MIL multiple times tonight.

18. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    copy, it was mostly a facetious/rhetorical question.
    Did anyone prescribe/contact your wife re treatment? Guessing no. What a effing joke.
    NAC, ivermectin, inhalent corticosteroids, HCQ, Vitamin D, zinc. All have been PROVEN to be effective treatments. That's not even debatable.

19. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    You can still get NAC over the counter.

virginiashadow likes this.
  20. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    we didn’t get test results until this evening. She has gone to the ER for further evaluation since she started getting a fever.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021