Who here gets the virus first?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Mar 12, 2020.

1. kspseshooter

kspseshooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This pretty much somes up what these people think……. Unbelievable!!

They have been proven to have been lying about this crap from the beginning, and people still give them credibility

WAKE UP!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. kspseshooter

kspseshooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    100%. I would rather die from COVID that take the poison.

3. Old West

Old West Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    A lot of hunters wear masks for hours on end out in the woods (myself included). What's the problem with wearing a mask when running into a store for 5-20 minutes? I actually like the anonymity it provides as well.

Do you know anyone who has passed away from COVID? It's not fun to see it unfold. Even many of the survivors have long lasting side effects that keep them from living the way they did before (i.e. not having enough strength to walk from one end of the house to the other 6 months after they got the virus, etc.).

Not saying you need to go get the vaccine or whatever, just saying don't make statements about dying from COVID lightly when lots of people have lost loved ones to it.

4. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I've already taken the poison, that's why I will not adorn another mask. Work or elsewhere, other than Dr. Office where it has not been lifted country wide.

Curbside pick up here I come

oldnotdead likes this.
  5. Old West

Old West Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The masks do work when the right masks are used properly by most everybody. The problem is that we're never going to be able to get most everybody to use the right types of masks the right way long enough to get past this thing. The sides are too divided now to the point that an unmasked person sees a masked person and they hate each other without even knowing each other. It's d@mn sad to see. Never thought I'd see such a lack of compassion for fellow man (directed at the general public of the world, not you), but here we are.

6. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Main difference is one is by choice and the other is mandated, or else.

Listen to their logic on it. Get "vaccinated" so you can stay safe and keep others safe, but, just because you are vaccinated does not mean you are safe or protecting others.

If masks work, why the shot(s)? If the shot(s) work, why the masks?

When does it end? What is the end goal?

We no longer hear or talk about herd immunity, so what is the final objective? They've already stated that Covid and its variants are likely to remain forever and booster shots will likely be needed at least once or twice a year. Are masks going to be required right along with it, forever?

I'm sure death by Covid is not that pleasant, I do not know anyone who has died from it or been hospitalized by it. At the same time, death by the flu or pneumonia probably are equally unpleasant and both can have lasting effects, primarily pneumonia, but if the flu puts you on a vent I would say it is equally detrimental for long term effects.

Hotrod9 likes this.
  7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Problem is 60% of the people are stupid, so wearing masks properly and taking precautions never enter their mind. By 60% I am not drawing a line on vaccinated or not, republican or democrat. This country is getting dumber every year.

Hotrod9, Humpythahunter and Old West like this.
  8. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Again, what masks? N-95?

They have stayed that mask type does not matter, they had the public voluntarily sewing masks to donate as anything is better than nothing. How long is the mask good for? One time use? Is it still effective when you are constantly touching and shifting it, coughing and sneezing into it?

Where are the answers that are not politically motivated?

I guarantee the FDA was pressured into approving Pfizer, notnto get people who said until it is they won't, but so it can be mandated.

9. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Side bit, while quoting you I am not looking for you to answer them ?'s, only the answers I want to see made.

At what point is Covid defeated?

Old West likes this.
  10. Old West

Old West Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My best guess on the mask/vaccine front is that they're throwing anything and everything they can at the wall to see what sticks in hopes that the numbers can get under control.

As far as the flu/pneumonia goes, I think you're probably right. Flu and pnemonia have pretty similar symptoms as far as I can tell. The difference is the infection rate. Since COVID is newer to humans, our bodies can't naturally defend against it so it is much easier to contract.
    All great questions. It's difficult to gather information anymore that isn't politically motivated. This dang thing never should have been politicized in the first place. I try to get info from Mayo Clinic and the like. If that info can't be trusted, then I don't really have faith in any other sources.

The "proper" masks that I mention are pretty much anything that isn't sheer or will obviously allow breath particles to go right through (cloth, N95, watever). Just not a sheer covering or one of granny's old thongs.

Only 60%?? Haha I couldn't agree with you more. I am constantly surprised by the number of stupid people I come across. And it doesn't matter their affiliations. Dumb people are everywhere and seem to be running the whole world at this point.

Humpythahunter and Sota like this.
  11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Some places the concentrations are higher like on the interstate, big box stores, etc. You go to a big state fair the % has to be over 70

Old West and Humpythahunter like this.
  12. fowcbler

fowcbler Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just a small clarification:
    Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine EUA Fact Sheet for Recipients and Caregivers (fda.gov)

The FDA "approved" COMIRNATY which was also made by Pfizer, not the current Pfizer BioNtech vaccine most of us are used to hearing about and people have already taken.
    Pfizer has only been "authorized" for use by the FDA.

13. Humpythahunter

Humpythahunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sota just summed up the whole pandemic and America right here. People are just too stupid to use common sense. Regardless of affiliations and beliefs. I wish I could triple like this comment Sota.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Old West and Sota like this.
  14. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It's one in the same as far as Pfizer/Comirnaty. They couldn't give it its proper name until FDA approved. Moderna also has one awaiting the name change.

https://www.fiercepharma.com/market...-comirnaty-as-brand-name-for-covid-19-vaccine

15. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Every once in a while I come up with something that sticks.

17. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    40% of UK hospitalizations have the shot(s)

https://twitter.com/uksciencechief

upload_2021-8-26_23-7-20.png

read this whole story to get the southern Nevada data, but it's a pretty large sample of patients. The data is compelling - 52% of recent deaths were fully 'vaxxed'

https://redstate.com/scotthounsell/...-vaccinated-thats-what-this-data-says-n432117

There is no doubt that the shots are losing efficacy...They even not only admit it but promote it in order to get more people to get a booster.
    Sorry, MFers. I will not be getting a therapeutic shot that requires a therapeutic booster every 3-4 months. Take my chances.

And all you 'vaxxed' superspreader a-holes- how about you stay home and stop your asymptomatic superspreading? I'd rather you knew you had it so you'd stay home and get over it already.

Hotrod9 likes this.
  18. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I think the UK is also making use of the astrozeneca vax. Would be interesting to see if there was a correlation.

nv more relevant.

dnoodles likes this.
  19. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Hey as a vax super spreader you’re not my problem, we all made choices and live with it.

I am living large

dnoodles likes this.
  20. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If all the deer have COVID, do we still have to play the wind?