Who here gets the virus first?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Mar 12, 2020.

1. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    CNN already flipped their headline to make mandates the bigger part of the headline. Then adds US military will have a mandate

Screenshot_20210823-102735_Chrome.jpg

2. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    How convenient that the FDA approves vaccine now that they're pushing it to be mandatory to do anything.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    16 and up, I can see it now. CA, IL, MI and NY considering mandating vaccine to get drivers license/renewals.

Every agency and scientist has turned this political, not just the politicians and media.

Now saying Pfizer's efficacy has dropped to 50% or so since the Delta variants emergence so a booster is likely needed. So a booster of the exact same dose or a different one if J&J was the first and only. So that's after 4 months of receiving. Then Lamda variant drops the third does efficacy to 55%.

It's going to become an every 6 month booster scenario. I won't get a 3rd shot regardless, but this will never end and we have 3 1/3 years, at least, left of this nonsense.

4. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    When is the last time anyone heard "herd immunity"? Totally non-existent as total immunity is the only solution, and that's really total partial-immunity as you will still need your periodic booster shots.

Natural immunity will be the next term phased out.

5. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I still wont run out and get the jabs .... this whole process is questionable ..

why was the least effective 2 jab non-vaccine approved over Moderna ?? .... there are still many questions regarding its efficacy and side effects, shortcuts taken ... this was pushed thru by Biden.... nothing but politics ....

Critics Blast FDA for Lack of Data, Scientific Debate Before Pfizer Shot Approval
    Critics said it was concerning that full approval was based on only six months’ worth of data — despite clinical trials designed for two years — and that there was no public discussion of the data.

Editor’s Commentary:
    Why? That’s the question that nobody seems to be asking. Perhaps the answer is just that obvious, but it needs to be asked anyway. Why did the FDA rush to “approve” a drug that was already given Emergency Use Authorization? The “approval” does literally nothing from a practical perspective. No additional American is eligible to get the shots who wasn’t eligible before the “approval.”

The answer is obvious, but it’s deeper than what we see on the surface. The Biden regime wanted to take down one of the roadblocks keeping businesses and agencies from mandating the vaccines for employees. This was a very political optics move and reminds us that the FDA is not a medical or scientific organization. They are a full-blown political entity.

waaaaay more at link ....

https://truthbasedmedia.com/2021/08...cientific-debate-before-pfizer-shot-approval/

6. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    U.S.—After an intense period of testing on 200 million guinea pigs throughout the U.S. and some very fancy lobster dinners with Pfizer executives, the Food and Drug Administration finally approved the Pfizer vaccine, and then knocked on some nearby wood just in case.

"I dunno, I guess we can just approve it now," said FDA researchers. "No one has turned into a zombie, at least that we know of, and all the tracking chips seem to be in perfect working order. Besides, can you imagine what would happen if we suddenly told millions of people who have already taken it that it was unsafe? Yikes! I guess we can just approve this puppy!"

"Hopefully nothing terrible will happen! Knock on wood! Haha!"

The American people report feeling very relieved that the vaccine is approved and expressed the desire to wait until the other two vaccines are approved before they make a decision.

https://babylonbee.com/news/fda-approves-pfizer-vaccine-knocks-on-wood

7. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My daughter planned on attending college in NY and now they say it’s mandatory for her to get vaccinated to attend. Guess it will be up to her on what she wants to do. They will automatically unenroll her if she doesn’t provide proof. Hope she gives them the double bird and takes classes online or goes to school out of state.

axtell343 likes this.
  8. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    My son Greg is deployed to Saudi Arabia right now. His wife and their three kids ALL just tested positive for COVID.

That poor girl. She is a teacher and after taking a long break to raise three kids to school age she just got hired as a third grade teacher and was supposed to start this week.

As of right now the symptoms are mild but my wife has a bag packed and is standing by to fly to Virginia at a moment’s notice if she starts to feel too sick to take care of the grandkids.

9. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I work the health field - granted in the office. But, the state (not sure if it's all states or PA) said if all employees at a nursing facility do not get vaccinated the nursing facility will lose Medicaid and Medicare funding. It is only a matter of time before EMS is required the same. My husband and I discussed, if that happens, I'll be walking. I am not going to do it, just because I am mandated. I make dang good money - but you're not going to make me go against my beliefs.

LC - I hope your daughter in law just stays mild and is on the mend soon.

10. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My mom's works at a nursing home, IL, and they're being told the same thing. She's gotten the shot but apparently most that work there haven't.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

11. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's bull that federal funding can be used as a controlling factor like that. Especially because a lot of the nursing facilities depend on the Medicare monies for skilled stays. I can't see many not going through with it (mandation of vaccine).

12. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Since it's fully approved, at least the Pfizer version, I expect many more employers will now mandate vaccination.

Mine started a couple months by 'dis-incentivizing' - if not vaccinated you would forfeit any variable pay and a portion of any raise you may have coming... They didn't provide any rationale, which pissed a lot of people off...Although, I suspect there could be some basis (e.g. Insurance premiums)... Though highly survivable, given the scale of our company we still could lose a large number of employees globally. Some rationale like this, may have taken some sting out of the messaging.

13. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I expect all major counties in Virginia will begin to mandate the shot. I dont want to get one but if it's the shot or me losing my health care for my kids, well then I'm getting the shot. What's the worst that can happen, my nuts shrivel up and I turn translucent?

14. kspseshooter

kspseshooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just because it’s “approved” doesn’t mean it’s safe….. who do you think the FDA gets funding from??

They cannot control what you put into your body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I still don't hear any conversation about people who have natural immunity from contracting covid, pre vaccine. Why aren't our prominent health policy czars not addressing t cell immunity? How about how the vaccines may impact or interact with that immunity? Just saying, I have questions.

Yes, I know I can talk to my doctor, but I'm talking about our "health leaders and policy makers" that are constantly on TV or being quoted on TV and social media.

Nope just mandate vaccines for all and mask forever. Double stamp, no backsies.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

arrowflinger1 and virginiashadow like this.
  16. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No, that is still Heroin.

virginiashadow likes this.
  17. fowcbler

fowcbler Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Why would you lose health care for your kids?
    And the worst that could happen I suppose would be death, but statistically speaking odds are pretty low on that one for either side of the fence.

18. kspseshooter

kspseshooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The vaccine was brought in for COVID…… COVID was brought in for the vaccine…. Just remember that

19. steelhauler34

steelhauler34 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I’m guessing by joining the world of the unemployed.

20. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Finkle is Einhorn, Einhorn is Finkle