Who here gets the virus first?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Mar 12, 2020.

1. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I get that, it's just not a typical facebook looking post is all. It was a useless post in this particular thread though, as some of mine may be as well :lol:

My only real exception to it is the implication DD made by posting it, as if the hospital was completely inundated with Covid patients. That could have been any big city/high pop. density hospital in the nation on any given night as you stated is not uncommon in your area.

As the article I posted in the next post stated, that is not the case and capacity concerns are not an issue.

2. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  3. Ranger93

Ranger93 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just to start out, I know I don't post on here very often, but I do follow this site just to get a kick out of the post. As a matter of fact, I follow this site and another turkey hunting site only. I don't follow any other social media sites, the news or any regular TV. I find I can get all the news from this site and rather enjoy the back and forth of it all. I quit all those others because of the misinformation, race baiting, poor attitudes, political theater, super sensitive personnel, selfishness, freeloading and utter nonsense. What completely disgust me is the way we have torn this Great Country apart and turned into a self serving, loathsome, disrespectful and whinny people. Our Country wasn't founded this way and isn't meant to be ran or lived this way. What happened to our National Priorities: God (if you believe), Country and Family (includes neighbors)? If we focused on these priorities and not on the silliness we have fallen into, we would unstoppable. I've been all over this world multiple times and there IS NOT a greater country than the good old United States, don't let people tell you otherwise. If you don't like it here please leave (God Bless), you will be scratching and clawing to get back, I promise. This leads me to vaccinations, we have two options get it or don't. It really is that simple. It doesn't make you a lesser person to have gotten it or not. My family personally haven't gotten it. We are currently (quarantined) on our second round of COVID (delta variant), we have taken our hydroxychloroquine and gotten along just fine. My wife has an auto-immune disorder and can't get it, I've been vaccinated enough with the time I spent in the military and don't want it. It doesn't bother me in any way whether or not my neighbor gets the vaccine or not, I don't look at him differently nor is it my business. I know enough that when we've gotten it to stay home and quarantine. I personally have a co-worker who never got COVID and got the Pfizer vaccination just had a heart attack and found out he had two blood clots that the doctors believe was caused by the vaccine. I don't know and I pray he recovers quickly. My Preacher's sister also got the Pfizer and is in serious condition right now. I also have two personal friends die from the COVID before the vaccines came out. Do I believe any of the data that has come out? Absolutely not, not at County, State or Federal level, they have all lied to me at some point in the past and they all have some type of an agenda. It really makes me sad that I can't trust anything that comes from those three agencies, because as I stated before, as a Country we weren't built this way. Please take the time everyday to think and pray for our Country, Families and Neighbors, because we definitely need it.

4. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Amen

5. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone else notice how "herd immunity" is no longer a talking point?

cantexian, TJF and Sota like this.
  6. Ranger93

Ranger93 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It won't be anymore, they would rather point fingers and call each other out over a personal choice. What's going to happen when we have to confront something really hard (Russia/China)? We will fall apart, all of this nonsense has completely filtered into our Military, I work on a Military Base and see it everyday. This weakness that has grown in this Country is in every branch of the Military. We need to be worried as a Country, we are not prepared for a Russia/China conflict in any way. We are turning the Greatest Country, the Strongest Military and the Mightiest of Warriors into a cesspool of nothingness at a very rapid pace. The real question is " What are we going to do about it?"

arrowflinger1, dnoodles and GregH like this.
  7. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Your first post had me thinking the old adage, united we stand, divided we fall. Then started thinking about the fall, who falls and who do we/they fall to? Will we even fall, or be sold off as debt to China?

I've said it before and haven't ssid it recrntly, but I am glad that I am in the final half of my life. I can't imagine what the newest generation is going to live with in 50-70 years. Sure hope I am not around to see it truthfully.

axtell343 likes this.
  8. axtell343

Dislikes Received:
    Don’t worry, we will invent some wonder drug that increases life expectancy by 50 years or so.
    Taking it is mandatory
    Either that, or we will all be #veganstrong by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

9. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Lets see where Prickster goes with this...

Funny reading it, vaccinated doing fine but unvaccinated are the reason vaccinated need to wear a mask. Once the unvaccinated become the vaccinated the new Omega variant will require a full and proper vaccine development so masks and social distancing may be needed through 2026, ir until this economy actually tanks. Whichever makes you most dependent on government first.

SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) announced today it is fully adopting updated Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) masking recommendations to protect against COVID-19 and the Delta variant. CDC recommends that everyone, including fully vaccinated individuals, wear a mask in public indoor setting in areas with substantial and high transmission. CDC is also recommending universal indoor masking for all teachers, staff, students, and visitors to K-12 schools, regardless of vaccination status.

“While data continues to show the effectiveness of the three COVID-19 vaccines currently authorized in the U.S., including against the Delta variant, we are still seeing the virus rapidly spread among the unvaccinated,” said IDPH Director Dr. Ngozi Ezike. “Cases and hospitalizations due to COVID-19 both continue to increase, overwhelmingly among the unvaccinated, but the risk is greater for everyone if we do not stop the ongoing spread of the virus and the Delta variant. We know masking can help prevent transmission of COVID-19 and its variants. Until more people are vaccinated, we join CDC in recommending everyone, regardless of vaccination status, wear a mask indoors in areas of substantial and high transmissions, and in K-12 schools.”

According to CDC, data show the Delta variant is much more contagious. Delta spreads more than twice as easily from one person to another compared to other strains. According to CDC, the Delta variant is causing some vaccine breakthrough infections, but even so, most breakthrough infections are mild, and the vaccines are preventing severe illness, hospitalization, and death.

Areas of substantial transmission are considered by CDC to be those with 50 to 99 cases per 100,000 people over a 7-day period. Areas of high transmission are considered to be those with more than 100 cases per 100,000 people over a 7-day period. The community level of transmission can be found here https://covid.cdc.go...er/#county-view.

IDPH will be updating school FAQs and other guidance posted online to reflect the latest CDC Interim Public Health Recommendations for Full Vaccinated People.

10. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Liberal logic

FB_IMG_1627437412499.jpg

ash d, arrowflinger1 and cantexian like this.
  11. Ranger93

Ranger93 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Come on across the border to Missouri, land for sale right down the road from my house. Love the messaging earlier about mask no longer needed and then they yank the rug out from under ya. Like old Charlie Brown trying to kick the football, funny thing is people are still voting for these folks.

cantexian and dnoodles like this.
  12. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Now that IDPH has stated they will adhere to new CDC guidance, if Prickster(who feels all manufacturing jobs are assembly line settings, reinstates previous mandates it will be a very real possibility. Depends on how my work deals with it. Told my supervisor today, if a new mandate is instituted and HR decides to enforce it I will leave the decision in their hands, I will not wear a mask again.

He hadn't heard about Pricksters threat of lockdowns could happen again.

Everyone here as my witness, I will hold to my word on it.

13. Ranger93

Ranger93 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They have already mandated for us Federal Employees. It is kinda like the old "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy. They've not asked me, I just wear it, not going to have my integrity checked over a mask. If it wasn't for me being close to a second retirement, I would be gone. I figure I've went through a lot of uncomfortable stuff before that a mask isn't going to kill me for a little while. Good thing is I work outside a lot also and don't have to wear it, just in the office. If I worked inside all day in a warehouse, I would probably roll-out to greener grass. I feel for you and hope it works out.

14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If the vaccine will not prevent you from getting covid a mask sure as hell will not work either.

cantexian and Hotrod9 like this.
  15. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I hereby nominate you Smartest Man in The World.

cantexian and MnHunterr like this.
  16. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    Hmmm...
    I wonder how many of those are illegal aliens straight from the SWB flown in the middle of the night by BidenAir?

Also, there is literally no context there. Shootings? gas leaks? 25 car pile up? Big Batch of fentanyl straight from MeyHeeCo?

17. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    Will you be my valentine?

18. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm guessing you won't gind anything and if you do and the outcome is negative the reason will be because ppl weren't actually following the mandates and wearing a mask.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

19. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It’s just a picture of a busy hospital, good lord you conspiracy theroy Psychopath

To show how crazy we get and the wild therorys we can come up with based on a picture of a busy hospital.

Covid was not mentioned, but man some just ran with it. The gov of Florida was not mentioned, nor was trump. The hospital looked to by busy that night is that really that hard to comprehend in today’s world?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. axtell343

Dislikes Received:
    Posts a picture in the covid discussion thread.

Provides little context.

Is amazed when people assume it is covid related.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums