Who here gets the virus first?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Mar 12, 2020.

1. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    6 feet is the new 6 inches

wl704 and dnoodles like this.
  2. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That was volunteering to "stop the spread" and not a mandate, 95% of the schools are not doing so. Nearly none of the restaurants.

dnoodles likes this.
  3. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    yup.
    And good.

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Getting back to normal I get my second shot next Wednesday, submitted a paper Monday and got a quick acceptance. If anyone would like to attend a conference at Lake of the Ozarks at the Margaritaville resort in mid July and hear about various landfill topics pm me. I am kinda surprised I have done 4 webinars for this group over the last 6 weeks and they are not sick of my voice. They also promised I could get the conference rate on the suite on the marina where the patio is right over the water. I missed flights, I missed hotel suites, I missed steak house dinners and getting paid to be a professional drinker. I missed going to landfills and solving problems. I do not want to go Leon Lett on it but I think I am on my way to the end zone without ever catching covid.

5. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You should meet up with @LittleChief and @Ridgerunner3 for a few beers. I think you are about half way between both of them. I met up with both of them in MO back in November. Both good guys.

6. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That is awesome, Today at 11:27 I get my second dose of Pfizer. While a good day for me, Monday one of my co-workers died from Covid complications. In the sign of the times, he started 8 months ago. I never met him, I never talked to him. When it was announced via zoom meeting I had to look the person up on LinkedIn, that's pretty sad these days. I would've met and worked with this person in the office a bunch,

7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It is funny when this first whole shut down started we all kept thinking a couple more weeks a couple more weeks, 13, 14 months later things look like they might be getting better?

8. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not in Michigan and the Gov shut down office for 6 more months

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It's weird I monitor diagnosis numbers every day, seems like around 2000 new cases a day Tubby Walz would rattle his saber about another shut down has not happened since he got his flu shot.

10. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Okay, my first shot the nurse did this trick and I did not even feel it. In this second shot, the nurse jabbed it in my arm like a spear thrown at a buffalo, ouch!!!

11. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    "One lab rat asked the other if he had the vaccine yet and he replied that it still in human trials."

dnoodles and cantexian like this.
  12. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This is crazy, I have people testing positive left and right. Most of them asymptomatic after the initial 24 hrs, of which have been mostly mild symptoms.

I'm losing entire departments and these folks don't even feel ill and would return to work if allowed.

FRUSTRATING

13. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    On Monday one of my co-workers died from Covid complications. In the sign of the times, I never met or seen him. He was hired last October and being we have never been in the office since last March and we are on separate teams we never talk or met.

He was 31.

14. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    That's crazy. 31. We have kids testing positive left and right in our schools now. We were good all year for the most part, but the last two weeks have been insane. We shut down for two days (today and tomorrow) due to positive cases.

15. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm sure someone may have touched on this already but it is news to me, the vaccine is only effective for 6 months!? I admit I need to read a little more about this before jumping off a deep end but wtf!?

TJF likes this.
  16. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    According to Communist News Network, the experts seem happy that the vaccine is 90% effective after 6 months.

"Hopefully the protection might last years, but we won't know until we know." -Dr. Peter Hotez

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/01/health/pfizer-covid-vaccine-efficacy-six-months-bn/index.html

17. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Now saying Pfizer vaccine recipients may need a 3rd shot within a year and quite possibly annually thereafter.

Next thing you know they'll start talking about how flu shots are no longer necessary if receiving the Covid vaccination annually.

Sorry, but I'm not going to let them continue their lab rat testing on me. I got their 2 shots as requested, will be 2 weeks tomorrow since the 2nd and that was all that is needed.

I don't chase dangling carrots and I will not continue to play a game where the rules and goal posts continue to move.

As long as the herd is protected, they don't have to worry about a couple lone wolf's.

J&J may never be issued again due to its complications and now they just want to keep pumping more uncertainties into peoples arms? While not yet knowing if they already have total immunity for a lifetime, which is still quite possible.

How about we now take our time and get a properly engineered vaccine.

ash d, cantexian and TJF like this.
  18. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Birth control pills are more dangerous than the J&J vaccine CNN will not tell you that.

19. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That's the thing. 6 people out of nearly 7 million given the vaccine developed clots or whatever. Seems rather low to pull an all stop on it and possibly shelve it for good. Has to be more to it.

I don't know anyone who has received J&J, but the local sherrifs dept./jail posted on Facebook the other day they vaccinated quite a few inmates with it on a voluntary basis.

Opted to use it as opposed to Pfizer/Moderna as they could not guarantee they would still be incarcerated for a 2nd shot. Curious to see if anything arises from it now that it has been pulled.

20. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    A guy and his wife got the J & J shot, his wife ended up getting the covid last week 3 weeks after the shot.