Who here gets the virus first?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It's not, but they are both outside. How many people went indoors for MSU party? If you dig into the data a bit in Minny I bet we find is the smaller family/friends gatherings that are driving up the numbers.

How many cases are linked to public places like retail outlets, C stores, other public places since the mandate in Minny?

How many are linked to a small gathering of family and friends since October? Does minny have that?

I think Sota is right from a past post, it has to do with exposure time more than anything else.

2. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I will ask again and I am not surprised if I don't get an answer

What is the % of people in Minny not wearing a mask or incorrectly your best guess?

Do you think people who host parties at homes are required folks to wear masks?

What is driving the number to go higher in Minny the past 6 weeks? Where are the outbreaks happening? School, stores homes etc

3. Hotrod9

Hotrod9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Germ, I'd say my best guess is 60-70% on mask adherence. "How many people aren't doing it correctly?" What the heck kind of a question is that? Most of the guys I know are in the camp of "the mask mandate is BS, but if this is what keeps our businesses alive we'll do it"

Do people host parties with out masks? Of course!

There's a virus that is doing what virus's do. Tell me exactly where you picked up the flu the last 3 times you had it...

4. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sure

If you’re wearing in on your chin like Faucie at that baseball pretty much not going to work.

Last time I had the flu I got it from my son, not sure why that is relative during this pandemic, being we should have tracers hired to gather this information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hotrod9 likes this.
  5. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

All I know is if you want to riot, come to MN. Zero cases have come back linked to that but weddings, church and Republican rallies are hot zones. Crazy!

GregH and Sota like this.
  6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It really varries I can be at work in the suburbs and go to Cub or Home depot and see 100's of people all wearing masks. Then drive home and see 5 people not wearing a mask, so no way for me to put a % on compliance. I also do not know about house parties, I have not been to one nor hosted a gather of more than 6 people. Schools are petri dishes going to spread.

I will simplify my stance on this again. The mask mandate put forth by Gov Walz has not been effective in reducing the cases of covid in Minnesota.

7. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I’ll simplify mine you have zero data to support your claim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

You really going to tell the tracer you were out protesting? I doubt it

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    General observation from an old guy I give zero ****s about your quest for data. I know what I see and numbers do not lie they might not be in the rows you want or instant internet info you desire. Since the mask mandate cases have gone up not down, simple truth.

10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Germ you are looking for truth where funding is tied to covid cases so you are not going to get pure truth, hell you waffled back and forth to serve your needs so kids can play and now the truth concerns you? That pro life BS you were spewing a few months ago.

11. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Since we are seeking data, here's the data I would love to see.

How many people who are, or have been infected at some point, contracted it from contact with a droplet? That's what the mask is for, so to the answer of how many people wear their mask correctly, aside from medical personnel the number would likely be in the 95-96% range wear them ineffectively because their masks are not proper in their composition to stop airborne particulates.

When I go to the store masks are required, I wear mine as proper as I can, but I have a beard and that is not acceptable for proper mask wear. The one thing I have noticed most, as far as improper wearing goes, the employees are the worst ones about it, yet we do not hear much about retail workers being among the highest infected. Why is that? The ones who have been exposed the most as far as being in close quarters to hundreds of people a day in an indoor closed environment. They wear their masks over their mouths, but not their nose. They pull it down to talk to others in fairly close quarters, constantly touching and wiping, yet we have not had a business other than bars and restaurants and maybe a few small work crews, supposedly my gutters were delayed for 6 weeks due to a positive test, close down for an outbreak or for cleaning after a positive test result.

The whole contact tracing thing is a joke, they use time of exposure as the method to deem one at risk of being infected from close contact of someone who tested positive. It's 15 minutes over a 24 hour period, that 15 minutes is either one exposure of 15 minutes or longer or multiple encounters that total 15 minutes within 24 hours. How many of us time with a stop watch how much we interact with others, individually, over each 24 hour period. So if I talk to someone for 5 minutes inside of 6 feet for 5 minutes at 6:05 am, then again for 5 minutes at 4:13pm, my 24 hour clock then extends to 4:13pm the next day, but I wasn't deemed exposed.

The dark winter has begun John Snow.......

12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My O-negative blood passed to my daughter passed to my Grandson will serve us better than any gov't mask mandate meant to protect us.

13. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure where you going now that your theory has been debunked.

All I have said and what I believe today is we don't have enough data to state anything from what we have been given.
    Telling me x number of cases a day tells us nothing and that's the big issue I have with data that is being given today.

The moms get all upset when they hear 145 cases on MSU campus. The first things I want to know is

How many were Hospitalize?
    What are the ages?
    Showing symptoms? Severity?
    Where and what were they doing?
    Deaths from that 145

I can't tell diddle from just x number of cases, nor can you or anyone else.

I had to dig to find it, but I eventually did. At the begging of Oct 48,000 college kids have got Covid

Guess how many were Hospitalize 3 Deaths 0.

It's nice when one does not have to toe the line or fall inline.

14. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sil tested positive. My wife and daughter were at their place a couple days ago...they just went to get tested.

Rona coming to get me and f up the rut!

15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    3956 new cases in Minnesota yesterday, most since May. Not to worry Joe is going to fix it.

16. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I just need to hold out till Jan...

17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    there was an average of 600 cases a day diagnosed the week before the mask mandate, this week averages over 2500 cases per day.

18. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    WI is over 5000/day. 30%+ positive rate.

19. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yes it was also warm out and people were outside, now they are inside.

Is it weird that in the summer the south spiked when everyone was inside and now the north is spiking with everyone inside?

Also interesting is the Candian Spike three weeks after their thanksgiving.

Like I said we don't have enough data. What's the breakdown of that 2500? How many were wearing masks? How many were indoors with/without masks? Family gatherings? Got it shopping when they are most exposed?

20. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    There is no good data it is all massaged and manipulated.

cantexian, Justin and Germ like this.