Who here gets the virus first?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Lonesome George the guy could rip it singing and playing.

JeffC and dnoodles like this.
  2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Morrison county still at 57 cases and no masks.

3. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Today I had to venture out to the boonies for a sales call. In the City, no mask and be prepared for the looks. In the countryside, wear a mask and be prepared for the looks. The lesson, buy a spacesuit complete with noise cancelling helmet and a/c and ignore everyone.

4. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Now you missed the point, there was no nerve struck. I'd have to have some sort of emotional skin in your game for that. It was a simple review. As to your assertion that meme was a joke I missed....well you missed my review there as well. Just consider that friendly advise..

5. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly the same by me. I live in such a weird place. Take a left out of my neighborhood and within 2 miles you hit straight country for as far west as you can drive. Drive east and you are running from the suburbs into semi-urban then the city of Richmond. I drive west as much as I can.

cantexian and Okiebob like this.
  6. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    cantexian likes this.
  7. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    dnoodles and Okiebob like this.
  8. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  9. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    arrowflinger1 and virginiashadow like this.
  10. Hotrod9

Hotrod9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Closing in on #3000 posts and 150 pages and no one has/had it proven with a lab test, will today be the day? I don't think so, but I would like to give an opinion. There are no sports, there is little random social activity, for many there is literally nothing to do (self inflicted, there is still plenty to do). We are living in the age of instant gratification of internet, news, social media, etc... there is nearly nothing to talk about but negative things. of course we are hearing about a healthy 46 year old in Lincoln County Arkansas with no knowing health conditions that has Covid and passed away... the news is reporting hundreds of cases like this. We need to remember there are 330,000,000 people in the US. Even if it were thousands of 100% healthy 20-60 somethings that have passed away from this, the statistics are still important. Say it's 1,000 out of approximately 1,000,000 that have been infected =.1%. the CDC has admitted the infection ratio is likely 10X the lab confirmed case number so 1,000 100% healthy deaths in this range is .01%. If the number is 10,000 100% healthy, just move the decimal point. I understand that these are peoples grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, but don't forget on one is guaranteed tomorrow for any reason. Covid is serious and needs to be taken seriously but lets also not live in fear. Get busy living or get busy dying, it is your choice.

greatwhitehunter3, dnoodles and Sota like this.
  11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    In the beginning were we lied to about the masks not working, or are we being lied to now saying masks are mandatory. I am not an anarchist but I am not real tolerant of gov't bullshit when they admit they lied for my own good but now I should do what I am told.

greatwhitehunter3 likes this.
  12. Hotrod9

Hotrod9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    coworker and I were talking about this at lunch yesterday. There is no common ground between democrats and republicans, at what point does the common ground become "we don't trust the government?"

Dem's "you can't trust Trump, he doesn't care about you! The bible in his hand in Lafayette square was just a photo op"
    Repub's "you can't trust dem's, They don't care about you! Kneeling with masks and kente scarf's was just a photo op"

I have my own thoughts but I think many on both sides are ready to turn on most law makers in Washington.

13. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I can't stand AOC but at least she is in there giving those career politicians a little hell...and doing it with some kind of passion, although misguided passion. We need new blood in those offices that know we hold them accountable. If they can't hack it or don't represent us. then good bye.

Okiebob likes this.
  14. Hotrod9

Hotrod9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry guys and gals, I didn't mean to guide this to a political thread, i'll leave that to the other thread. Let's keep it topic somewhat relevant.

15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Whoa hold on Hotrod, you trying to manage a thread?:lol:

16. Hotrod9

Hotrod9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    LOL I tried, I figure I'm wasting valuable posts for someone to come in with a positive test before we get to 3,000 posts and pass 150 pages...

Sota and virginiashadow like this.
  17. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So wasn't going to post anymore on it, but with the reported escalation of case number got curious.

My county has 95,000 residents, maybe a few less with people fleeing the state.

Here was yesterdays release.

58 current cases with only 3 hospitalized. Of those 58 I would love to see the symptomatic vs asymptomatic breakdown as anyone that wants a test can get one, think you can get more than one a week as well.

I've still only worn a mask on 4 occasons. Once in a store when i thought it was mandatory, once in a gas station and removed it when it was optional and twice at a sub shop for lunch that requires it.

Again, if the numbers were higher I would probably change my mind a bit. They never were and still are not. I don't go where I do not need to and I stay no longer than I need to be where I go.

If it ever gets to the point I need to wear a mask, I will still choose not to and stay home instead. I have 3 freezers full of food, sans milk I have what I need and for that I would simply have someone else pick me up some.

FB_IMG_1593534476118.jpg

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  18. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I may have to check the Golden Coral gift card to see if it has an expire date at this point we are coming up on 4 months with no winner.

19. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    One of my personal training clients is a cancer doctor here in the hospital. I was supposed to work with him this afternoon. He found out this morning that he saw a patient on Friday that has tested positive sometime in the last couple of days. I have seen the doctor since last Tuesday so I am in the clear. But, he now has mandatory quarantine until his test results come back.

20. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    There is a difference between lying and ignorance.

A lot of decisions were made with insufficient data. We now know mask work and are the best tool we have today. I look at what the science says, I don’t get into the left vs right bs. Look at the science and what we know today.

If I am going to a store the mask is on. One because it works and second out of respect for the people working at the place. I don’t know who they may have at home or their situation and they need to work. Some ***** about people collecting unemployment and then state to “just stay home “ if your scared. Which is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk