Who here gets the virus first?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Mar 12, 2020.

1. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    How old are your parents? Do you subscribe that their lives are of so little value?

2. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  3. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My dad's on hydroxychloroquin for RA and my mother had it already. So no, not really worried. By the way, they live together, did not isolate while my mother was symptomatic, and my father never had any symptoms.

But my semi sarcastic BS post was factual in that healthy people under 65 have almost nothing to worry about.

And as far as the article itself; I'm not sure what to believe as there is so much conflicting info out there (often times from the same sources) that I've ceased to put faith in any C19 related news. Just pointing out the disparity and the fact that anyone of us can find something in the news cycle to confirm our bias

oldnotdead likes this.
  4. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yea, not too worried. She is 29 so it’s really like a 99.999% chance of recovery. In fact, if it weren’t for the coronavirus she would be on a fishing boat in the middle of the Bering sea so when you take that into consideration catching the virus actually reduces her chance of death.

ash d, Sota and dnoodles like this.
  5. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    1.88m initial jobless claims

6. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  7. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    We have a mall that is almost 2 miles long partially re-opening tomorrow. Protesters slated to be milling around. What fun.

Okiebob and dnoodles like this.
  8. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Worth repeating.

9. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Two days in a row 0 new case in my county

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dnoodles, cantexian and trial153 like this.
  10. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just read a young former boy band member died from it recently. My nephew has type 1 diabetes in his 40's and is at risk, friend of family in her 30's with an acute digestive track issue is at high risk. Our daughter with asthma is at risk. All under 50.
    Not that everything should be shut down , they are proactive. Though others should also be aware of their actions around others and the consequences of those actions.

11. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Florida passes Michigan in total cases

Michigan 58,241

Florida 60,183

Being the 3 states behind us exponential growth is greater than Michigan we fall out of the top ten few weeks. Just like our football team we start of high in the top ten and as the season goes on we fall right out!

12. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Lancet medical journal retracts hydroxychloroquine study showing death risk. Gee surprise surprise just look at their mission statement and interview with top doc.. " we were born in an area of political and social unrest" said with outward glee. Now WHO said they will restart a study. TDS they should be studying there own publication.

13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Women have passed the men in Minnesota for cases of covid. The other bracket only has 9. No kidding it is listed on the official state website men women and other.

oldnotdead and Hotrod9 like this.
  14. Hotrod9

Hotrod9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Identify as a toaster and statistically you have a 0% chance of dying... or maybe anyone over the age of 35 knows that 99.99999% are what they are when they are born.

oldnotdead and Sota like this.
  15. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Went to the mall in St. Cloud yesterday to get fitted for a suit for a wedding I'm in. A lot of people wearing masks. Surprisingly, the guy who fitted me was not wearing a mask (I wasn't either). Can't imagine how many people they have come in a day and have to get right in your face to measure your neck, waist, arms, legs, etc.

Sota likes this.
  16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I went to the Subway like I do every day and they were not wearing masks for the first time. I asked if the mask requirement was done. No they only wear them during peak times when they can not maintain social distancing. Why bother with the ritual?

17. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Worth repeating.

oldnotdead likes this.
  18. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    You know the one thing they never addressed ... Do not shop then eat in your car
    Went to dollar General. In line young woman with a mask her toddler no. She is trying to check out and he is wiping his nose and touching every candy bar in reach. She grabs him up, gently by the hand then pays in cash. I step up to cashier in mask and have to ask her to please sanitizer her hands. That the little boy had snot on his hands when mom grabbed him before handing her that cash. Her eyes looked like she was about to hurl. Point recieved...hahahaha

19. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    another retraction ...ooopsie !!

(NEWSER) – First, the esteemed Lancet medical journal retracted a major study on Thursday about hydroxychloroquine. Then, the New England Journal of Medicine did the same with another big study related to COVID-19 and blood pressure drugs. Both retractions have a common denominator: They relied on data supplied by a US analytics company called Surgisphere, which is coming under increasing scrutiny over the credibility of its international database. The Lancet study had cast doubt on the effectiveness of the anti-malarial drugs hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine as a coronavirus treatment, reports the Wall Street Journal. The retraction is now renewing the hope that the drugs (highly touted by President Trump) can work safely after all, and the World Health Organization already has said it would resume trials, notes the New York Times.

https://www.newser.com/story/291846/a-second-major-covid-study-is-retracted.html

20. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk