White spots on buss cable

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by Mjenk5150, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Mjenk5150

Mjenk5150 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm very new to archery and bowhunting, and I have a PSE Stinger X, if it's needed to know its at abou 45 pounds r right now, and I forget my draw length but it might be around 26 or 29 inches, if anything more towards 29. Near the cable slide on my buss cable, I have noticed on both sides of the cable that there are se slightly white spots, and it looks like it may be fraying a bit. I don't have the greatest of storing for my bow, hopefully this Christmas that'll change, but for the past two or so months I have been storing it on the ground in my room, carpeted, and it hasn't been used for a bit, maybe a month.

Attached Files:

2. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It's just wear from the cable slide. Try a different one out and see if it stops. My sister put on a AAE cable slide and it stopped the wear on the cables from the old slide.

3. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Use some wax on the strings.

4. gdatre

gdatre Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot a Stinger X too. Wax the hell out of the strings and cables, especially the stock string, and make sure you get good penetration of the wax.

5. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    As has been mentioned, wax the string/cable. Also, check to make sure that the cable and string aren't touching.

My cable slide was put on backwards at the factory which made them rub together and fray. Luckily I caught I before it broke completely. I did have to replace the string and cable that was only a month old though.

6. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wax won't fix a cable that has been damaged by the slide. Get a AAE slide and it will fix your problem and if it's not too bad you might not need new cables right away.

7. Mjenk5150

Mjenk5150 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Should I wax right up on the white spots right near the cable slide? I saw a video on how to properly wax strings but I could not see how close the guy was getting to his cable slide