Whisker Biscuit or Drop Away ????

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Thundercloud, Feb 17, 2010.

1. isaiah

isaiah Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    another vote for the ripcord

2. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Phillip,

I've heard the Hostage Pro works great but the brushes can wear a lot and can affect accuracy. Is this true?

3. Parker26

Parker26 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Rather than plug a specific company or product that I use (no offense to those who have) I'll just say that I have shot both on a both of my bows and I have to vote for the drop away. The WB is nice if your starting out, but I noticed that when I changed over from the WB to a drop away that my grouping got quite a bit tighter. The drop aways are much more accurate in my opinion and a lot more consistant in where they shoot. The other nice thing about a drop away is that the don't need to be replaced nearly as often cause there's no fibers to wear out. That being said... I think you would be much happier with the way you shoot if you go drop away.

4. grantbvfd

grantbvfd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ripcord or QAD

5. chart33

chart33 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just got into Bowhunting and I got a RTH Package that came with the WB. I loved it as a beginner but heard there were a lot benefits to a drop away. After shopping around I found the Vital Gear kazAWAY. It is a drop away that fully captures the arrow. I couldn't be happier with the purchase and am shooting much more accurately. Check out the video on the site.

http://www.vitalgear.net/Arrow_rests.html

Bottom line, stick with what is comfortable for you. I liked the WB because I didn't have to worry about the arrow falling off the rest, now I have that in a drop away.

6. OH-buckhunter-IO

OH-buckhunter-IO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i've used WB & loved it till i got ahold of the Hostage. i shoot alot more accurately. WB hid alot of my poor shooting techniques but Hostage exposed them & now i will never use anything else. ( atleast til they quit makeing them)

7. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That kind of sounds like the WB is a more forgiving rest? So, if you are not the type of guy to shoot thousands of arrows all year long, the WB might be the rest of choice. I know that I seldom shoot other than Spring and Fall and I do very well with the WB. I shot a grand total of one session prior to Spring turkey season. It was the first time I had touched the bow since killing a doe in November, and it still shot spot-on. In my opinion, the WB is the easiest, most simple, and forgiving rest I have ever tried. It has been plenty accurate for me to punch bullseyes out to 60 yards. I like to keep things simple and dont have time to always be tinkering with my equipment. The WB is the perfect rest for me and gives me confidence knowing that it has no moving parts to fail.

8. thndrchiken

thndrchiken Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was shooting a whisker biscuit and decided to move to a QAD Ultra Rest, I did however not take into account that my nock point was set too low to allow the drop away to be mounted low enough without slapping the riser. So had to go back to the W/B for now. My next tune or new bow will have the drop away or I may go with the Octane hostage, my buddy has one and it rocks.

9. Hogwire

Hogwire Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing personal but I just can't shoot my arrows through a WB. Some have a word for that but we'll not get into that at present. I shoot a G5 fall away, called an expert I think. Only fall away I've shot that is quiet enough for me. Have the little snap in plastic thingy keepin my arrows from falling off, works for me! I have it on a BT Admiral that is super quiet so you will notice noise from anything! Used a Hostage pro for a bit, was harder to tune and the bristles made a funny noise with my Gold Tips. Back to the G5, problem solved. Should have remembered you can't fix "not broke"!

10. Iowa Bowhunter

Iowa Bowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was shooting the QAD Ultra Rest and went back to my previous WB rest. To many moving parts that could fail on the QAD. I broke my KISS Rule (keep it simple stupid) and bought into the QAD rest to see what all the hype was about. I've decided to go back to the WB and don't plan on changing. SImple and Effective = WB.

11. BEAR09

BEAR09 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think a wb is a good, dependable, and affordable rest. I used one last season and it served me well. However, I did notice some noise and wear on my arrows. I have since switched to QAD Ultra-Rest HD Pro Series. I would recommend such a rest to anyone who could afford the upgrade. I have notice improvements in noise, accuracy, and arrow wear. The Ultra-rest is a great rest. Regardless of rest, just make sure the rest is properly installed. Best wishes.

C

12. leenco12

leenco12 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Tried the WB, i liked it except that it ruined some of my fletchings.....bought the octane hostage rest and i love it.....full containment, and no contact on the fletchings.

13. comescrashing

comescrashing Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    How does the hostage rest compare to a drop away. I have heard the drop away has better accuracy. I currently shoot a hostage because it came on my bow but would like to hear some advantages and disadvantages of each.

14. bearelement5

bearelement5 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Im 14 bout to be 15 and i shoot a quad ultra drop away... shoots faster and more accurate than the wisket buisket i had...:rock: it is a little pricey though...

15. Hoythews71

Hoythews71 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ive been shooting my Code Red for about 4 months now, and I love it! Completely silent on the draw and the drop and its fully contained. Probably the last rest Ill buy!

16. Headgear Harvester

Headgear Harvester Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Another Ripcord red fan here! WB was ok but too much time refletching arrows. Very pleased with the trade.

17. Headgear Harvester

Headgear Harvester Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Another Ripcord red fan here! WB was ok but too much time refletching arrows. Very pleased with the trade off.