Which Spot Hogg

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by noslackpatriot, Dec 17, 2016.

1. noslackpatriot

noslackpatriot Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi, Everybody. I started out with an HHA Kingpin, then moved to a CBE Tek Hybrid Pro. I had the HHA dialed in and shooting my 3 inch circles on my block target at 60 yards. Then I swapped to the CBE Tek Hybrid Pro thinking I'd prefer this sight. However, the individual pin adjustments are quite sloppy. You unscrew the screw then the pin is free to slide up and down- making it quite time consuming to get it dialed in just right, for every pin...

Now, I'm looking into the Spot Hogg Hogg Father or the Fast Eddie XL. I'm thinking I want to stick with the double pin sight housing with the green/yellow ring.

I haven't gotten into competitions or 3D shooting yet. However, when I practice shooting, I like being as accurate as possible, ie. Shooting the 3 inch diameter circle at 60 yards, possibly out to 70, if I can squeeze that much out of our little area out back where we live.

So my questions are:

1. Will the Fast Eddie XL reach out as far the Hogg Father, setups all being equal?

2. Do I really need micro adjust on the elevation on a slider sight?? If so, what for? I can't see how this would be helpful when I can simply dial the yardage ring.

3. For those of you who use the Fast Eddie XL, have you found the accuracy to be pretty dead on with the sight tapes?

Thanks Everybody!!

2. bossbucks25

bossbucks25 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Another sight you could check out is the Axcel Accutouch. It is a great sight.

3. Poke

Poke Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've had the fast Eddie XL single pin on my bow for a little over a month now. No issues what so ever, very easy to set up, tapes are spot on, love the dove tail bar as you can remove the sight and put it back on with no resighting. Very tight with no slop in movement. Overall very happy with it.

4. BuckEyeJay

BuckEyeJay Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use the hogg it and fast Eddie on my bows and love them they are bullet proof I've put mine through some of the craziest stuff ever and there still like new built like tanks.

5. RyanW

RyanW Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the"seven deadly pins" on a Boss Hogg. I don't like moving my sight during hunting season, but enjoy loosing arrows in the summer. This way I can shoot as far as I like during the off season, and still leave my sight at zero during the hunting season. The 5 pin housing might even be a little more practical for this method.
    I'm really pleased with the quality and durability of the sight. I would guess that it's probably 10 years old. The pin adjustment is better than any other sight that I've owned. The fit on my Halon required some bushings over the bolts that secure the sight housing. I think that they make a great product, but that's just my opinion. We all know about opinions.....

I re-read your post and realized I typed a lot and didn't answer any of your questions.
    1. I don't know.
    2. Personal preference.
    3. I used to have a program that allowed me to print my own tapes, they worked great. Now I just use the numbers on the dial.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  6. BuckEyeJay

BuckEyeJay Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I love how the pins are micro adjustable unlike any other sights on the market it's awesome how they make the whole sight like that just a twist of a key moves them up or down right to left it's awesome and so easy.

7. Gunnin54

Gunnin54 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just picked me up a Wrapped Real Deal last night goin to shoot after work

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums