Which side are you on?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Tim Ainsworth, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Scljrl

Scljrl Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    #2. If I'm reading the scenario right, I don't want a buck breeding something that won't make it to next year. I want to keep the bred does doing their their thing, which is making more deer. So I shoot them early and often, then leave them alone.

2. buckeye hunter

buckeye hunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    # 2 i try to shoot the young doe early bc there not going to be in heat there 1st year anyway, so it dont matter during rut bucks wont be on them and its beter meat to :)

3. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The few times we've had 2 tags In my zone I've shot a doe right away early In the year sitting field edges.

4. magicman54494

magicman54494 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I wouldn't even worry about eithor one. Shooting does should be a management decision and based on your entire area. Notice I said "area" because unless you control a vast amount of land you need to know whats going on around your land. My decision would be management based and not rut based. I would do my best to get a good buck / doe ratio and a herd that matches the carrying capacity of the land. I would do my best to convince my neighbors of the same thought process. I would look further down the road than one rut season when making my decision to shoot does. If I thought that does needed to be taken out I would'nt worry about when I did it I'd just do it. If you manage your herd you will have healthy deer and great rut hunting.
    I guess I'm on neithor side?