Which pattern is more common in your neck of the woods?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Siman/OH, Feb 26, 2013.

1. MyNewZXT

MyNewZXT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    that's why I'd like to see topographic maps of those areas. If it has good low spots, it should have good deer movement. Maybe those areas had bucks of their own? Maybe those areas are too exposed for any deer to feel comfortable in?? Maybe those interstate fences they talk about in the articles do a pretty good job of isolating them?? Its impossible to say without chipping every deer in the state.

2. MyNewZXT

MyNewZXT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I thought maybe I missed a link. I don't usually do random searches for obscure data when I wasnt even sure what I was looking at there for a minute or how the data was compiled. I still never found the page despite having found the website.

I did learn a lot about brain abcess and a photo of a deer that almost looks like my buddy's "moose deer".

3. Root

Root Tomahawk group

Dislikes Received:
    Where I hunt there is 4 does to every 1 buck (4:1) so most bucks don't travel to heavily, but what I have found has been the way the females like to move and the males seem to move in different routes. But these images do make it a little hard to interpret; like larger food plots, water holes, Doe and Bucks.

4. Indiana Hunter

Indiana Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What makes this more interesting is the opposite of heavy deer travel. When guys get pictures of the same buck on a yearly basis it tells me they are doing something right and the immediate area has everything they need. Something to strive for when improving your property. It's always fascinating to see how much the bucks really do move though.