which is better, Safety harness?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Deerslayer7, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Deerslayer7

Deerslayer7 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Muddy Harness or the Pro Series harness.....Going to go buy one, but not sure which one to get out of these..i heard good things about both...?

What you guys think?

2. ICALL2MUCH

ICALL2MUCH Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a HSS, but if I were buying another, it'd be a Muddy.

3. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have the pro series and really like it. Seems like a lot of people are bragging up the muddy. When it is time to buy my next vest I will check them out. I would still have no problem buying another HSS either.

I don't think you can go wrong either way to be honest. Is there a price difference?

4. Tribal

Tribal Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Both serve the purpose. I will always be HSS but thats because I am use to it and think it is the easiest out there.I am in Minnesota so being too hot is never a issue. Try them both on go with what works for you not what works for me. I can say from experience customer service at HSS is second to none. Repaired a old vest one of the first ones from them for free and had it back to me in 3 days. Seriously!! They have my buisness from now on.

5. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I think either will do the job well.

I'm still using a SOP harness and most likely always will. I tried out the new Pro harness from HSS and just couldn't get over how heavy it was. I drag enough weight into the woods each morning, no need to add a heavy vest.

My SOP is light and you don't even know its on. But it is a bear sometimes to untangle. Speaking of which. Does anyone know where a camo mesh vest might be purchased? If I can find one, I'd sew it on my harness.

6. Tribal

Tribal Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That's exactly what I don't want. Thats all I need in a hurry to get to my stand in the dark and I have a tangled or even a harness I have to visibly see to put on. My vest I can put on literally in the black with zero light just by feel. The new vests are not as heavy anymore.

7. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Tribal,

I put mine on when I get dressed in the morning and wear it underneath my outer clothing. No issues there.

I still think the new ones are heavy.

8. Txjourneyman

Txjourneyman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've been using a HSS Pro Series here in Texas for the past month and a half. Not too heavy or hot for me. I really like how easy it goes on, its comfort, and its pockets. With the HSS linesman belt hanging stands is a snap.

9. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    After spending 111 hours this bowseason in a Muddy, I am sold. I think the HSS is a great system too, but it's another layer more or less.

10. lbott29

lbott29 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have HSS bowhunter it is awesome

11. fatsbucknut

fatsbucknut Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've found that when I take my harness off, it makes it alot easier the next time if I re-string the leg straps once i have them off. That way all i have to do is match up the waist band next time

12. LAEqualizer

LAEqualizer Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I just use the ones that come with the Summit stands. I can put mine on in the dark in about 1 minute. Tried the HSS. Too dang hot and heavy and covers up my designer camo. (Predator or UC):D

13. Deerslayer7

Deerslayer7 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well i looked up the prices....and the muddy is cheaper....

Muddy is 109.99

Pro Series is 135.99 at cableas...

Jeff (GMMAT) sent me a harness in the beginning of the season this year...first time i have ever wore a harness...I use it, but get lazy, because it gets tangled to much and you have to mess with it all the time, espeically in the dark, kinda frustrating sometimes...

My buddy loves his proseries.....the vest kinda looks convient and easy to put on ...I just want a harness that has along enough strap in the back where your free to move and draw your bow in mostly any direction....

Thats the only reason why im still skeptical about the muddy..because I dont want to have the same problem (tangling).....but it does say on their site that there tangle free?

ARe they?

14. D34

D34 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have only been in a HSS once and now own a Muddy. I really like the Muddy due to it's weight. It is extremely easy to put on and it never gets tangled. The HSS is a great harness and has it's advantages but I'll stay with the Muddy.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009