which harness?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by JD Angle, Oct 31, 2018.

1. JD Angle

JD Angle Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Never used a harness, I am looking to buy one asap. Whats everyone use? Pros/Cons. I have been looking at the muddy diamond back and the summit pro. I am wanting one that comes with the lineman belt option.

thanks alot!

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I bought a muddy that has that option the line was included with the harness. I will tell you one thing if you wash it do not put it in the dryer, it will come out a twisted mess.

3. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have a couple HSS harnesses, but want to pick up a Muddy soon and try one of those out as well. Either or I feel you can't go wrong with.

4. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I've been using Hunter Safety System vests for a few years and never had an issue. I own a pile of them and use them in different situations but if I had to pick just one to use all the time it would be the Hybrid. You can wear it over your outer layer and have use of the nice pockets but it's also slim enough to wear under a jacket as well.

If cost is a concern the UltraLite would be my 2nd pick for all-around versatility.

Both come with a Lineman's belt, but I'll be honest it's not the greatest thing in the world. They sell a Lineman's Climbing Strap for $20 that's much better than the one included in the package. That's all I use for hanging stands these days.

5. jstephens61

jstephens61 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Had a Muddy for a few years. Easy on and light weight. Bought a HHS and sent it back. Too bulky and didn’t care for the big snap buckles. The Muddy is just simple.

6. JD Angle

JD Angle Newb

Dislikes Received:
    thanks for the help guys!

7. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Get a lifeline, too. It's great not to fall, but you need a plan on how to get down once the harness saves you. Dying of suspension trauma defeats the purpose of not breaking bones from the fall.

I use an API vest harness and HSS lifelines.