Which Cam

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by lilywhite, Oct 6, 2021.

1. lilywhite

lilywhite Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I’m looking for a sms trail cam and was looking at the sg984 scout guard. Has anyone any comments on this cam or a better alternative please not so much a more expensive just easy to use back to phone trailcam.
    Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

2. bowhtr1

bowhtr1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The best is Spartan imo. I have 5 and they just keep working and working day after day year after year. They also have video downloads and now live view to watch video of your site in real-time.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

3. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You won't find a better cam for the price point of a Tactacam Reveal or Reveal X!!!! Plans are very affordable and the best part is it functions just like any other camera without a cell plan.

4. Brian811

Brian811 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Never an issue with Spartan GoCam

5. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've never heard of the kind of originally mentioned, and didn't see it on a quick google search.

However, we have SpyPoint's (Link Micro). We personally have two then our friend has probably an additional five on the properties we hunt. The plans are very reasonable. I pay for unlimited, so it's $120 a year. You can do the free plan which includes 100 pictures. The micro SD card will also have more pictures then what is sent to you. These run roughly $100 each.

bhod87 likes this.
  6. bowhtr1

bowhtr1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I pay 8 dollars a month total per camera. 5 bucks for my Verizon service and 3 dollars for Spartan premium service. No worries this is unlimited pictures and videos.
    https://spartancamera.com/products

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

7. Katt72

Katt72 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  8. bhod87

bhod87 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm also running the Link Micros. Do they take the nicest pictures in the world? No. But at $75/apiece on sale they are an incredibly effective way to scout. If you subscribe to the Insiders Club thing you get 250 pictures per camera per month for free. Of the 7 I have deployed, that free plan is sufficient for 5 of them. The battery life is respectable, especially with lithiums.

For a nicer quality camera I am giving the Bushnell Cellucore 20's a go. I am blown away by the picture quality and the battery life is unreal. I have had one deployed for like 4 months taking a stupid amount of turkey pictures and it claims it's still at 100% battery. My one complaint is that the app could use a little work. It is totally functional though.