Which bow?

Discussion in 'Target Archery' started by Rikk, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Rikk

Rikk Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I currently shoot a Hoyt Carbon Element – strictly target, I don’t hunt. What I want to do is go to a longer bow. I am looking at either a Carbon Matrix or a Vantage Elite. The Matrix is 35” axle to axle – the Vantage is 40 ½”. I want to stick with my Armortech sights, and I don’t want the extra long stabilizer.

I talked to a tech at Hoyt who informed me that I can in fact set up the Vantage the way I want. I do know that there will be a weight difference. That’s fine. However, he said that being so much longer, I may not like the feel. Is there a big difference?

The local shop does not have a Vantage to shoot. I’ve shot a Matrix a number of times.

What help/advice can anyone offer? I know it all comes down to personal preference, but unfortunately I would have to buy the Vantage without trying it first.

2. Rabbit 57

Rabbit 57 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    SOLD Selling my Mathews Conquest Triumph. It's 39" Axel-to-Axel.

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  3. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Does anyone where you target shoot have one? I know we have several at my bow club shooting Hoyt target bows and they are usually cool about letting people try their bows.

4. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ummm, the guy is asking a question about two Hoyt bows and you answer with the intent to sell a Mathews?:dan:

5. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What state are you in?
    My buddy has an alpha elite 29"
    New cheap like half price cheap

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

6. rossi9s

rossi9s Newb

Dislikes Received:
    yup....if i had the loose cash....and you are a hoyt fan.
    i would certainly look at an alpha /Vantage/contender elite for spots and 3d
    good luck

7. garyhqw

garyhqw Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Which bow

2 completley different cars for 2 completely different people unusual for someone to consider these 2 cars togther, the surpra would be my choice a couple yrs ago but now id go for the audi due to the understated looks 90 of people wont take a 2nd look at it and the comfort of it, the supra has it plus points, will be a lot faster in the real world i dont know how much faster running costs will be double or more.

to be honest if you considering an audi youd be better off lookin at an s4

i wouldnt pick the audi but out of that choice i would go with it, even tough it not as nice a car to drive i just dont like to be noticed, idelly id pick a c36 m3 or s4 the performance of a supra without the attention

the point im trying to make is the supra will be faster nicer to drive etc, but id happily take the compromise in the audi so as not to draw attention