Where would you put a stand?

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by brianaleksivich, Oct 24, 2012.

1. brianaleksivich

brianaleksivich Newb

Dislikes Received:
    1351121155033-774934210.jpg

I just found out about an opportunity to get some time on this public land and because of this I have not been able to scout it. Any advice on where to start? Maybe a place to sit with a better change for traffic? I would be hunting sunrise to sunset and be parking at the A. The public land is in blue and boarded by new development construction in a semi rural area. Thanks for any advice in advance. Let me know if there is any other info I can dig uo to help. Feel free to pm me also.

Brian

2. jdailey0303

jdailey0303 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Taking into consideration I know nothing about the property, such as wind direction, vegetation in the area, etc...and the fact I'm not an expert, here is where I would probably look to put one up. Just my opinion though, good luck with it!
    1351121155033-774934210.jpg

3. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I like the Western (if left is west) edge between what appears to be the swamp and the road/houses to the west. Also the same area but on the East could be good! Like stated though I know nothing of this place.

4. Slider46

Slider46 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If there's crops in the field to the lower-left (question mark) i'd try these funnels. They might be feeding in the fields (ag and uncut fields) and moving through funnels to bedding cover in public land area.

Capture2.JPG

5. fishingdude93

fishingdude93 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would try the lower half of the property where it is more secluded and close to the ag field whether it be corn, beans , maybe even a sod field, idk. Good Luck. Let us know if you find a good spot. Also what state is this in.

6. Slider46

Slider46 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Minnesota.